New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 05:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Greetings

Hello.

My name is Jeremy and I am currently living in Apache Junction, Arizona. For those not familiar with the Pheonix/Mesa area, it is all basically one continuous city and on a big enough map; it's all Phoenix.

Recently I picked up my third Jag and instantly remembered how much I love these cars! My two previous Jaguars were what I have often heard called "Ford Era" jags or Ford Taurus with cat badges. I still enjoyed them for different reasons. The S-type R was great for my additude back in my early 30s until I learned the actual racers at stop lights were far different and that bolt-on performance parts were made for Mustangs and Hondas.
My second Jag came years later when I took in a X-Type specifically for the all wheel drive to transport my infant son and I around Michigan winters. It was a manual and I still remember the confidence that car gave driving to work in blizzards knowing coworkers who lived a fraction of the distance away wouldn't even attempt the roads.

I am joining the forum now after my latest purchase has me seeking help WAY more than with my previous Jaguars! I have what I would consider a "proper Jag" in a 1990 all original black XJ6. Having been a California and Arizona kept car for its' entire life it is what Michigan born people such as I consider pristine. Pristine of course meaning the body is rust free but mechanically it needs about everything replaced, overhauled, repaired or updated.

With the major mechanicals out of the way (thanks to OFTEN searching Google for help and ending up reading forum posts here) I have a head turning car that drives comfortable and gives me something to be proud of and to provide me constant hobby opportunities in everything from stealth stereo upgrades, learning to stitch leather upholstery to refinishing all of the original wood veneer and put in sequential LED tail lights behind factory lenses.

I am grateful for the experts here who have already helped me. Hopefully as I make myself more well known here, I can possibly help someone else by sharing some of the projects I plan to undertake.

- photos to come
-- signature to come as required
--- I'll be reading etiquette posts and old threads over the coming week any time I'm free so feel free to drop me a line.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 06:12 PM
Received 3,841 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Welcome aboard Jeremy.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,995 Likes on 5,311 Posts

Hello, Jeremy,
Congratulations on your Latest Jaguar! Actually, some people refer to your Previous Jaguars as Forduars. For a long while they were the most abundant Jaguar we saw.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 08-20-2021, 01:49 AM
Received 6,256 Likes on 5,456 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Jeremy,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 08-20-2021, 02:42 AM
GGG
Received 16,817 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forums Jeremy,

Rust is a Jaguar's biggest enemy as we know only too well in England. The CA and AZ provenance of yours may be hard on the rubber and leather but you won't be spending weeks or months welding new metal or prepping for new paint!

I expect you've already found the relevant model forum but if not, follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj40-xj81-25/ to the XJ40 forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues. You can also use the US Southwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/ to find other members in your region.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 08-20-2021, 03:14 AM
Received 10,335 Likes on 6,837 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:02 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:56 AM

Thank you all for the welcome and the early guidance. Here is a well framed and lit photo of my carriage shining in the Arizona sun.

The following 4 users liked this post by JeremyMc:
Daf11e (08-22-2021), GGG (08-21-2021), LnrB (08-22-2021), SleekJag12 (08-22-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 10:59 AM
Received 4,187 Likes on 3,650 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!

Old 08-22-2021, 02:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 662 Posts

Oh wow she's a beauty! A can't miss car. Nice work. Showing off with your "one wiper blade" style, lol. Welcome to the forums and keep daily dusting!

Old 08-22-2021, 03:33 AM

Thank you very much. It definitly has a lot of charm. A big selection and purchasing point for me is how few "previous owner" problems it had. Original owner actually completed (yes all of them) mileage based services at the same dealership who stamped each appointment. The second owner didn't do much of anything but also fortunatley didn't DO anything. All original and present down to broken trim plastics being tucked into the seatback pockets.
As I mentioned mechanical repairs and PM catchup took a few weeks and some prioritization. The inner door skin on the driver's side was not attached at all so that was one of the first repairs! What kind of message am I sending about Jaguar Cars when I pull up in this, without power steering and after stepping out I have to place the skin on the driver's seat before closing the door. LOL!

I will post some additional photos soon in another thread outlining my veneer repair and interior panel repair/cleaning. I know I've mentioned that already but I am fairly meticulous and I keep re-finishing the ski slope, adjacent pieces and glove box trim because I haven't been happy with those critical first views of anyone taking a ride with me.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 795 Posts

Welcome Jeremy. It sounds like you already have plenty of experience. We hope to see you commenting.