New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings from new XE owner in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from new XE owner in Ohio

Hello! I fell in love with the looks of the XE the first moment I saw one and thought "I must have that car". After some initial research, it seemed out of my budget and I reluctantly decided to squeeze more life out of aging 2004 145k mi. Audi 1.8T quattro, black. Lovely car, mine was bare bones with zero options, besides the quattro. (The cloth seats were very nice by the way, lol)

A couple weeks ago on a random whim, I searched Jaguar XE on CarMax and found a '17 XE 25t, 31k miles, black (that's my color!). It was in Virginia, so I secured the bank loan, bought a one-way ticket and rolled up in my Uber and bought it and drove that baby the 10 hours home to Ohio! Price was ~25k + fees & sales tax. Now, obviously I have concerns about it's prior history, but I'm still enjoying the honeymoon period, I'll worry about that later!!

I have a few questions for the community, which I'll gradually post on the specific XE sub forum, but if anyone wants to take a stab at them now:

1) How do I change the instrument cluster back-lighting? I swear it used to be red backlight, now it's white/bluish.

2) The touchscreen / entertainment system is a bit ... buggy.
i.e. Does not like being connected via both USB and bluetooth with my iPhone 5s. I prefer BT and just want USB to charge, so I did a AC/lighter adapter for USB. But now I don't have that avaialble for my dashcam power, if I decide to move my dashcam from my A4 into the XE, which I want to do. Any suggestions?

3) The navigation didn't work at first, but unplugging / re-inserting the SD Card seemed to fix that. Anyone else seen this? I've never actually used it though, my iphone mounted on the vent works well for navigation and is what I'm used too.

4) Once or twice the touchscreen has apparently glitched out and rebooted itself, once with some popping noises from the speakers. The engine was on the entire time.

5) Maybe a dumb question, but what's the difference between the "XE 20t 200 PS" and the "XE 25t 240 PS". It's the same engine but different HP/Torque numbers? How's that work? Tuned differently at factory?

6) Started researching the warranty and "New Vehicle Scheduled Maintenance Coverage" via the link below. Looks like I'm still covered and need to find the dealer nearby I like most to get my car serviced. Since I don't know it's service history, I'd like to go ahead and do my first oil change and such. Does anyone have experience or tips with this stuff?

https://www.jaguarusa.com/owners/ser...-warranty.html

7) Where do I get OEM floormats (from dealer I assume?)

8) If it's not too rude to ask, are there other community websites that users like to visit for information?

and it looks like there are different styles, I saw posts that others like the rubber mats, I'm leaning towards those.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:38 AM
GGG
Received 16,827 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Welcome to the forum Auscifer,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. Congratulation on driving the XE home. It amazes me how many buyers have a vehicle shipped if it's further than the next town let alone another State.

I can see you've already found your way to the X760 forum so there's no need for a link to it from me or for an explanation of the lighting change in dynamic mode.

Take care connecting multiple USB devices:

If you require to simply power devices, there are sockets provided:

The Ingenium engine was developed to cater for both petrol and diesel variants and to offer a range of power outputs. I expect output is ECU controlled but owners will be able to advise if there are further tuning or performance modifications applied.

Service requirement is on a mileage or time basis. Every 10K Miles/12 Months - whichever comes first. There are only two schedules - A and B which alternate. In the UK we have Jaguar OSH (Online Service History) which is always available but the US continues with printed Service Records. The stamped book should be with the Vehicle Document Set.

You can visit the US Midwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-midwest-39/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 07-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Received 10,367 Likes on 6,857 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Auscifier,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,028 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Hello,
Congratulations on your new Jaguar!
You're not the only one who has fallen in love with one of these cars at first sight. Not Even!!

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 07-10-2018, 04:21 PM
Received 3,863 Likes on 2,806 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Received 4,200 Likes on 3,661 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy

Old 07-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forums.