New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hello from Maryland

Hey all ...

Former, brief member who used these forums for all kinds of advice on my Portfolio! Didn't realize back then I needed to regularly check in and whatnot, so I'm back to contribute and give back!

VEHICLE:
2006 XJ Portfolio Sedan
58,000 miles
Winter Gold with Conker interior
Full options including optional ipod connection and Sirius radio

Looking forward to participating!

CharlesJR

Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

That's cool, welcome back Charles. You are in good company in Maryland, with our own Gus hailing from around there.

Please check in from time to time, if only to report no problems.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,695 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Welcome back Charles. Looking forward to you sticking around .

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome back from me too!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone ...

I hope I can contribute. My strengths tend to lay more in technology then cars. I LOVE automobiles. But not in a "car guy" kinda way. I love the way cars "look" ... the way they "feel" ... the emotions they provide. When it comes to horsepower, or nuts/bolts, or even performance ... it all becomes a blur.

The interesting thing is my friends think because I like to read and talk about cars that I must surely know all the other stuff ... but that's just never been my thing.

I think that's why I tend to gravitate towards Jaguar's. Or even Bentley or some Italian brands ... they are beautiful cars ... rolling works of art that intrigue the eye and delight all the senses. I spend so much time in my cars that I want the experience to be an enjoyable one: something that brings a smile to my face.

And this Jaguar does that for me.

I know that Jaguar wanted to move "forward" with their brand and I have driven the new XJ sedan and think its an amazing car ... I just don't think its as beautiful as the previous generation of XJ. Of course, I think the early XKE was one of the sexiest cars around.

Anyhow, in the interest of full disclosure, another reason to rejoin the forums was because its time for me to sell my current Jaguar to make room to purchase a new one. I understand its bad form to jump on and say "buy my car please" but I am seriously having a challenge with folks understanding the uniqueness of this car. And besides, as I said in my first post, these forums helped me in the past and hopefully I can give a little something back as well.

Take care everyone!

CharlesJR

Old 11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hey Charles, great sentiments.

Place an advert in the Private For Sale section.

But in order to receive any kind of responses you will need to include pictures, some history, price and invite people to contact you via PM.

Agreed about the 'bad form' aspect and certainly commercial sellers who jump straight in, are, shall we say, discouraged.

So what model are you thinking of replacing her with?

The following users liked this post:
csrmaithuna (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard the forum great to have you here with us.

Nice intro thanks for sharing with us......You'll be made very welcome here

Agreed on the "bad form" scenario you mention, unfortunately forum members are also wary of buying from the type of individual who posts 2 or 3 times then tries to sell something.

Conversley, we've had long standing forum members with cars they've loved and cared for sell here, but , as you can imagine there's been history there......

Good luck with the sale.....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

The following users liked this post:
csrmaithuna (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 03:11 PM

I do like the 2012 XJ. The dealership had the top line extended wheelbase with the supercharged engine in it. It was a purple/black metallic with enormous 7" touch screens in the seat backs. The sills were back lit with a purple lighting and the veneer was laser-etched with the leaping cat in contrasting wood.

Broke my heart to get out of that car. Figured it would make a worthy upgrade to the Portfolio.

CharlesJR