New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello new member in need of advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello new member in need of advice

Hello

I am hoping someone can help, I own a 07 3L AWD X Type sport premium with manual transmission.
I have noticed if I am going around a roundabout or tight right hand bend with power down it feels like the offside front wheel has lost traction, if I do not put to much power down it dosent happen. Also I have just found tonight that when driven with the DSC off I dont have a problem????
This dosent happen when on a tight left hand bend

Any ideas

Thanks

Steve

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome aboard, Steve. I can't help you with your problem as it seems highly technical in nature and I don't know diddly about AWD or X-types. However, if you go over to the X-type forum and post the problem, I'm sure you'll get some action. There are some of the most knowledgeable Jag experts on the planet here and they are always ready to help. That, and someone else may have experienced the same issue and the answer is already there somewhere. As you can tell, I really have high regard for this forum, and I think you will too.

Enjoy your stay,

The following users liked this post:
SteveFitz (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Default Thank you for the reply

Thanks for the reply and advice

Old 05-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

Steve
Welcome to the Forum, You'll find a great bunch of guys and gals they should be able to help you out Happy Motoring

The following users liked this post:
SteveFitz (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Hello all,

I have a 1997 xk8 jag. The alternator was just replaced and the battery is good. My problem is the "battery not charging" light on the dash is still on and also the light on the battery indicator on the dash is also still on. Is there suppose to be a way to reset. ?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by miss soandso
Hello all,

I have a 1997 xk8 jag. The alternator was just replaced and the battery is good. My problem is the "battery not charging" light on the dash is still on and also the light on the battery indicator on the dash is also still on. Is there suppose to be a way to reset. ?

Thanks
Miss S. - Seems to me that you should not need to reset those indications, but I've never experienced them. My first thought is that maybe the new alternator is bad and/or not installed properly. You really should post this question over on the XK8 & XKR (1997-newer) forum. There are some really sharp XK8 experts that frequent that forum, and they are always willing to share their experience.

Also, welcome to JaguarForums. Why not start a new thread on this "intro" forum to introduce yourself. Let the other folks know you're here so they can say "Hi" too.

Good luck.

Last edited by XK8+XJ8L; 05-18-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:41 PM

where is the xk8 forum?

To further explain the cars problem, it has new alternator confirmed connected correctly. Battery has been tested and is good and has new ecu unit that is 1 yr old.

The cars problem was alternator, not charging battery. Now it is charging but lights still on. voltage was 11 and is now 14-14.5 so without question it is charging.

Thank-you

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 PM

If you go to the bottom of this page you will see a little box on the right titled "Forum Jump". Click on the down arrow to see the forum choices. Under Jaguar Models, scroll down to "XK8 & XKR" and click on it. That will take you to the list of threads in that forum. Just click "New Thread" to start one of your own, or click "Search this Forum" and search on something like "battery not charging" to see what others may have already posted.

There are lots of other topics on JaguarForums. Cruise around and take a look. I think you will enjoy it.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the forum Steve, good to have you here.

Lovin the X type, had an 02 2.5 myself a few years ago. The X typers are a great bunch, friendly and helpful + there's some great info there if you check it out I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

You might find the off topic good for fun, maybe check out the mug shot thread and add yours?

Some really good guys and great techs, top vendors offering good pricing levels and great service, and more to come....all good

In the meantime I've upgraded you manually to full forum access so you can better view the site

Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Steve and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.