New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Just Stopping By To Say "HI"

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Just Stopping By To Say "HI"

Hi, my name is Angel. I just joined this site 1 minute ago. I've been here since yesterday looking for help. Alot of great info here. I'll be back to post my problem in a minut just wanted to stop by to say "HI".

Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 6,243 Likes on 5,444 Posts

Welcome to the forum Angel,

Good to have you with us.
I see you have posted in the tech section, already. Have you checked the regional section? Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome Angel!!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Default My 2002 X Type Won't Start

HI Guys. I am so lost, on this site and with my car that i'm about to pull my hair out. My car started fine but i heard a beeping sound. 2 beeps, pause, 2 beeps, pause, etc. for a total of 12 beeps. Drove to the store, turned car off, removed the key, heard the beeps, got in the car, drove home, turned off the car, heard the beeps, now the car won't start but i still hear the beeps and all lights, radio, heat, etc. come on. Red light near gear **** comes on for a second then goes out. I've been trying to reset FOBs, i hear the 1st chirp when i turn the key 4 times but not when i remove it & push a button. What else can i try????
Please Let The Jag Gods Be With Me!!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

#1 Have your battery tested.

ps - welcome!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Question

Battery went dead last weekend, got a jump. Everything was fine for the week then this past weekend, it all went down hill. Had the battery hooked to portable battery charger for hours yesterday, every time it looked charged, as soon as i turned the key, the needle on the charger would move back down to low battery. Lights, radio, etc. would still come on though.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Welcome to the forum Angel,

Let's get the navigation round the forum fixed first. I'll move your tech question you've just posted in this Intro section to the X-Type section and leave a link so you can find it.

Follow this link X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the X-Type section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Mid Atlantic Region section by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-atlantic-md-va-dc-de-wv-65/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM

Thanks. I'm still looking. I've actually been on this site since Sunday nite when my car wouldn't start. I just joined today to post my question because i saw people trying to help others but needed to know how many beeps they were hearing, if the lights were coming on, etc. So i joined to be as specific as possible for more help.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Sounds like a new battery is needed. It may clear up most if not all your problems/symptoms.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Thumbs up Thanks, Cat Man Do.

About how much $$ are we talking about i saw on here that i could just get any type 92 battery as long as it had a CCW of 70 something. I have it all written down. Is that correct?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Unhappy

I also saw that it could be my security system because the red light is coming on near my gear shift and my battery is not draining after leaving my lights and radio on for more than 3 minutes. Is this possible?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
GGG

Before you go chasing all kinds of possible faults, first get the battery checked and charged or replaced as necessary.

A dying battery causes all kinds of weird electrical issues.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
angel in va (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM

As i stated earlier, i charged it for hours yesterday and when i started it, the needle on the charger immediately showed that i had a dead battery but the lights, radio and all other electrical components still work. This is my 3rd car since Dec '12, three months ago. I'm hoping that it is just the battery but the way my luck has been going, who knows!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome to the forums, listen to Graham get a battery and go from there, even if you charge you battery back up it will die very soon, a normal battery only lasts about 4 years

Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM

I am definitely going to listen to Graham . That's why i came here. I wanted advice from the experts and i got it. Thanks guys. I will be getting my battery tomorrow and will be back to post and let everyone know how things went.

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2013, 06:19 PM
GGG

Whenever the battery is disconnected, you always lose some settings because the memory is erased:

1. clock
2. window 'one touch up' function
3. stored idle settings in the ECM (engine runs with default settings)

All these can easily be reset so don't think something else has gone wrong.

If you post battery related issues in your tech section thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...t-start-89978/ you'll get advice on how to do any necessary resets.

Graham

Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi Angel in Va & welcome aboard Jaguarforums ....... good to have you here with us

so if you have em post em on up

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

angel in va (02-15-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Received 4,176 Likes on 3,639 Posts

welcome to the forum and you found the right place for answers. I have had my jag for 1 year and been on the forum a little less but the time here has made ownership a much more enjoyable experience. You will find great advice, guidance and most of all some great people.

angel in va (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Talking My x type problem was not a problem

I'm reposting from the Mid-Atlantic section.

DreWRoolZ I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!
I have been working on the car since Wednesday and missed 3 days from work and had people from all over the world give GREAT advice. Here you come and give your wonderful but un-thought of advice. So i say "Can't hurt to call the dealer and see what they and guess what? "Mam, every month when you make a payment you need to call us and manually set your PassTime Code.

And i owe a special thanks to Norri & GGG for sending me to the Mid-Atlantic section where someone in my hometown gave me the solution and to JimC64 for total access.

OH YEAH!!!!

Last edited by angel in va; 02-15-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM
GGG

Angel,

You sound a lot happier tonight so the battery and resets must have got your X-Type running smoothly?

Hope so.

Graham

Quick Reply: Just Stopping By To Say "HI"