New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

My first Car - Jaguar X Type 2.0d 2006 :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Car - Jaguar X Type 2.0d 2006 :)

Hello Guys

I have finally purchased my first car ever (after lots of saving up) and I couldn't be happier with the choice. I have always loved Jags since I was a kid (im 23 now) and now I actually have 1.

It has been quite a journey to get this car, took me a good 5 months to find the perfect one.

was originally looking at the 2.5 V6 sport as it looked professional yet sporty and loved the sound of the V6, I had seen many around the midlands but they would all have something missing, poor alloys or poor body work, interior, no FSH and etc. I was close to buying a black x type sport last month but while i was in the test drive some lunatic went through a red light and crashed into it and write the car completely off!! I was lucky to survive, as my door took the impact of the crash - this also made me get a jag even more as it was able to survive a crash and i was able to walk straight out of it (with a few knocks and bruises).

anyway, the car i purchased is a SE model in dark bluey black colour, full black leather and touch screen sat nav and all the gadgets - still need to figure out how to use them yet. car is immaculate, body work is in top condition, has perfect alloys with no marks, interior as well as the drivers seat does not show any signs of wear and tear.

things i would like to do to it:

- XS body kit: have always loved the agressive chunky look to it and makes the jag stand out to the rest.
- premium subwoofer system: i have the sound system with the tweeters fitted, i have checked in the boot and there are two cut outs for the 6.5" subs, so just need to purchase the subs and amps and wiring??
- 19" alloys, i like the look of the BBS Barcelona
-slightly lowered
- tinted windows but not limousine tint as i dont want it to look tacky
- mp3 connection as i hate burning CD's every week or so and having a stack of them in my car.

I'll post pictures very soon, im glad to be part of this forum as I have always been using this to help me with my research in finding the right Jag and have found a lot of useful information and help from here.

Regards

Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Glad to hear that you found the one that you wanted.

Post up those pics when you can.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Welcome to the forum Karsan.

Wow quite the introduction, a near fatal accident on a test drive, thats amazing.

Have fun with the new ride and I hope you get to achieve all the mods that you have listed. This forum will help you to do so.

Enjoy all the site has to offer!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Karsan, welcome to the forum, good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums.com, You'll be made very welcome here.....

Please post pics of your ride when you can .....

Hope we can help with any issues / questions you may have going forward, and glad we've been able to help some in the past.

Sounds like you got some serious plans for your baby, looking forward to some write ups c/s pictures / videos etc for the benefit of others in the future....lol

There are some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

Old 11-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the welcome guys

Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Karsan, welcome to the forum. Glad you came out of that wreck okay. Once you get your first Jag it likely won't be your last.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

At least the crash happened before you bought it.

I'll bet the salesman was happy.