New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to the forum

Hello, everyone.
I'm from Newbern, TN. A professional EMS Helicopter pilot flying for one of the largest EMS helicopter operators in the mid section of the US.
I'm an owner of a 2000 Seafrost and tan, S-Type 3.0. I'm the second owner of this vehicle. It was purchased new by the original owner in Nashville, TN. I purchased it in Memphis, TN from a used dealership with 72,000 miles. I now have 145,000 miles on it. I had very little knowledge about what to look out for with this vehicle, and have found out about some of the "short comings" of this vehicle through experience. With each problem I have faced with it, I have been fortunate to run into good advice and help with getting my issues resolved. I have gone through coil pack changes and a transmission rebuild as the major issues with it so far. I'm now getting ready to replace all 4 window regulators on my Jag and have looked through the forums here for answers. The forums with dealing with the window regulators have been useful. Thanks to all reguarding this.
I'll end this for now so it will not be lengthy by saying I have been a fan of Jaguars since my youth in the late 60's, early 70's. As eveyone else has, I first fell in love with the XKE. I have always dreamed of owning a Jaguar. Even with some of the issues that one may find with their particular Jag, I will never part with my S-Type. It's a keeper to the day I die. I hope to add other Jags to this one.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard starpilot ....good to have you here with us!

Nice intro full of info

I've upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view all the sites features.........Hope yopu enjoy the forum
If you have pics please feel free to post em on up

The following users liked this post:
starpilot76 (12-05-2010)
Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 AM

Thanks JimC64. I have some great pics of my Jag that I'm anxious to post. I took them last summer at my parents house. What I find amazing about this car is the compliments I get about the beauty of this vehicle. Everyone is amazed about how old it is when they find out. It looks newer than what it is. Most think it is only a year or two old. The auto critics, in my opinion, have it wrong with their criticisms with the design of this car. I think they will find that it will be another Jag that will hold it's appeal for quite a while. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 AM

JimC64,
I just noticed that your from Glasgow. My dad was stationed in Prestwick while he was in the US Air Force during the mid 1960's. My Mom, Brother, Sister, and I were with him. I have a lot of fond memories of living their. I'll never forget the beauty of your country nor the friendliness of your country men and women. My wife is of Scots/Irish descent. She's a true "fireball," complete with fair skin, auburn hair, and blue eyes. She has White/Mancell in her. I'm hoping to take her to Scotland one day when I retire.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:47 AM

JimC64,
My wife had to correct me with her heritage. It's her Smith side that she gets Scotts/Irish roots. Almost started a war here with that one! HA!

Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, nice intro and it's nice to hail another cool member
Enjoy your stay

starpilot76 (12-06-2010)
Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Welcome

Hi Starpilot,
Welcome to the Forum and hope you find it friendly and also find all the information you may require.
Thanks for the compliments about Scotland and its people. I live about 30miles further up the coast from Prestwick, about 7 miles from Largs which you may have been to when you were here.
All the best and enjoy the Forum.
Regards,
Inver.

starpilot76 (12-06-2010)
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum Starpilot,

Lot's of information and a Scottish connection, what more could we want?

starpilot76 (12-06-2010)
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 AM

Thanks to everyone. I can tell that this is going to be a helpful forum, but also one that will be enjoyable. By the way, everyone on this side of the "pond" knows that the "south" in the US gets it's wonderful hospitality, friendliness, and heritage mostly form the Scots/Irish connection. What more could I say.