New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Guy with an X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Guy with an X-Type

Hey folks,
I'm new on this site, but thought I'd say what's up. I've owned a black on black 02 X-Type 2.5 sport for a couple years now. I bought it in 08 and got it with about 45,000 miles. Put on a few mods, but nothing to the engine. I'm a little wary to do so, but I'm looking to get on a new exhaust, and I'm very interested in Turbo's, but haven't really found any good info online. So far I've replaced the brakes with drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, painted the calipers yellow, replaced the wheels with 18" Moda MD-12's, black mesh front grill and bumper inserts, tinted the windows all around. Also will be buying smoked turn signals and tinting the tail lamps, but I'm going to do it a little differently than I've seen on the forum. Wait and see... Should look really good and classy. Anybody with a grip of cash and credit can dump money into a car, but I'm all about upgrading my car the way the factory should have done it. not trying to be extreme, but just putting a little more thought into what the idea was meant to be

So far, after 2 years, it's been a great car. I've heard horror stories about these cars, but really I feel like they're either beating them up, or have bad luck. I'm definately hooked on the brand now... was even trying to get an XKR, but the wife slapped me in the face as soon as I mentioned it. I then said "maybe we can compromise... can I get another motorcycle?" Bam!!! hit again, so I'm making due with what I've got. I do love the car though. As it came stock, it was a little blah, but with the mods that I've done, I'm in love, and get non-stop compliments, and when I tell them what I paid for it along with what I did, their jaws drop. Actually, I pull up to S-types (what I used to really love) and XJR's(what I'm thinking about getting next), I am just as satisfied with my baby jag as I think I'd be if I owned one of those, and really prefer the sporty look of mine over any S-Type now.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself, and will be looking out to see what's up, what's new, and what people have done to theirs.
Some things I'm really interested in finding more about is:
-Turbo's and what may have to be alterred to put on in
-Good exhausts, not keeping a true budget in mind, but bang for the buck is what i'm all about
-Any way to improve the power output without harming the mechanics or computer systems.
-installing heated seats in a non-heated seat model. This is huge to me right now as I'm going to be moving to the DC area and would love to have them for next winter.

Well, that's that, so drop me a line, and if you have any info on these subjects, let me know.
Thanks

Matt

Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

welcome man, post some pics, and copy and paste this into the x type section we will get LOADS OF HELP

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi echo6...welcome to the site.....grrrreat intro by the way!
Lookin forward to pics when you can...
Do yourself a favour and check out the X type quick FAQ links.......loads n loads of info there for you to browse over.
Get your post count up and get involved buddy....there's some great members here with loads of knowledge, top notch tech guys and some fab vendors as well.....ALL GOOD

Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,147 Likes on 753 Posts

With a name like Matt, how bad a guy can ya be? Just glad it's another Matt getting slapped by women, and not this one (points at myself)

I totally agree with you about the next jag...i'm hooked on the brand now, and definitely see an XJ or XJR as a 2nd in a year or two.

Welcome my brother (figuratively, of course...that'd be weird if it wasn't) !!

Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome to the forums
I think your X Type will serve you well

Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Welcome Matt.

I look forward to seeing the pictures, especially the yellow brakes. Black is my favorite colour and I bet the car looks spectacular with the braks.

I've always had a soft spot for X-Types. I've personally owned one and have worked on a lot of them. You'll have a good time here. Lots of good advice on repairs and mods.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy Matt

Welcome to the forum!