New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member from Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member from Sweden

Hi everyone.

I just registered the other day after a period of evaluation of the different forums available for a Jaguar lover. I found this forum to be the one I fancied the most so here I am.

42 years old. Live in Österskär, Sweden (in the swedish archipelago) with wife and two kids.

Member of the Swedish Jaguar Club where I also am a member of the board and a keen owner of Jaguars.

I've had a couple of Jaguars over the years:

2001 S-type 3.0 manual, CATS, Brooklands Green/Warm Charcoal
1996 X300 3.2 Brooklands Green/Warm Charcoal
1992 XJS 4.0 sportpack, Kingfisher/Barley
2008 X-type 2.2d Estate, Midnight Metallic/Warm Charcoal
1997 X330 4.0 rear centre console, twin rear seats, Sherwood Green/Magnolia
1993 XJ40 3.2 Gunmetal/Warm Charcoal

I sold the S-type just the other day and currently only have two jags in the driveway:

2003 X350 4.2 Slate Grey/Warm Charcoal
1991 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign Regency Red/Barley

Sorry about the quality of the picture, I now it sucks, but as it turns out i tend to take more pictures of the rear of the car...

The X350 is my daily driver that I use for cummuting and day care runs. And I must say it's an amazing car. Really. I enjoy every second in it.

The history of the car is interesting. It was made as no 58 out of all X350:s sold (VIN starting at 442 and mine is 500). It was then shipped to Italy were it wasn't registered for another six months. As I understand it was kept at the dealership as a flagship vehicle, promoting the X350 until it was registered and later sold. It was imported to Sweden a couple of years ago and have one owner here before me. I believe I am the third owner and the odometer just passed 121212 km's (yes, I did take a picture to document this historical event, who wouldn't? Now looking forward to 123456).

Apart from a few options it has had most of the boxes tickted. Sun roof, rear entertainment system with DVD (the kids LOVE it, a lot more so than their tablets), electrical sun blinds, heated wind screen, xenon headlights, factory tinted windows (not to my liking to be honest), ACC etc. It does not have the separate rear seats or heated seats (the latter just a tad unfortunate considering the swedish climate, leather is really cold at -25C). And of course it does not have engine pre heater, which will be installed in time for next winter. So the specs makes it a bit special which is nice.

Of course there are and have been a few issues with it:

This winter was mild wich probably was for the best, the X350 does not like the cold, that's for sure and the front left suspension broke down when it was -18C. A tad annoying having to limp the car to the railway station and commute by train instead.

And after a battery change the warning lights does not come on that often anymore, go figure with a maximum of 60% charge on the old battery...

I have also changed the expansion vessle that was leeking a little.

The headlights are flickering, need to sort that and will start by changing the bulbs.

The front parking aid speaker is bust, I just figured out how to change it. I bought the speaker, just need some time to sort it out.

And finally, it does the surging thing with the torque converter. I will try mend it by changing filter and oil later this spring and have it reprogrammed. If that doesn't do the trick I'll just live with it I guess.

Other than that it has performed well during the winter. The colour is great to disguise dirt and the DSC is really keeping the car on it's feet. Although the weels are a bit too wide to be optimal for Swedish winter roads. But with a little lighter right foot it's not an issue and I must say I have had some beautiful days behind the wheel this winter...

The XJ40 was brought home through this year's Cheap Race by the Swedish Jaguar club. Costed me and a friend a couple of hundred pounds and we raced it back home, including taking it over the Ardennes and around the Nürburgring. Great fun and apart from one damper bush desintergrating on the Nürburgring (replaced with duct tape) it performed great (loosing a silencer on the motorway at speed I consider proper racing and not a breka down to hold against the car... so basically no problems at all).

A great reliable car that, been sitting in my drive way since july, started it up the other day and it was like I parked it there the deay before. Not sure what to do with it now though, guess we'll register and sell it. A bit of a nackered exteriour but a great interiour. But for the time being, it will have to cope with the X350 being in center of attention. For now...

That's it from me for now! See you in the forum.

Last edited by Skarre; 02-24-2016 at 02:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (03-05-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 08:23 PM
Received 10,292 Likes on 6,811 Posts

Welcome.

You are well on the way to sort that car from what I read.

The oil and filter does wonders for that tranmission, so good luck with that.

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Received 3,804 Likes on 2,784 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:13 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Welcome to the forum Skarre,

(I've merged you two separate Intro threads)

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I can see you've already found your way to the X350 forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
Follow this one XJ40 ( XJ81 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XJ40 forum. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Europe Region forum by following this link Europe - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 02-24-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:24 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by GGG

(I've merged you two separate Intro threads)
Thanks. I got a bit confused there. :-) I you'd like you could just remove the post without pictures. Just to tidy it up a bit. But it's ok this way to.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Grant Francis
Welcome.

You are well on the way to sort that car from what I read.

The oil and filter does wonders for that tranmission, so good luck with that.
Thanks. Yes, oil and filter should at least do something. I have the normal indications that suggests need of oil and filter change. But the surge is a bit more illusive and it might not be affected by a change. But I hope the software upgrade will do something to help that. We'll see and I'll report back on that issue. When the battery was changed there was less surge for a while, at least in my head, so it might be related to the software after all (since cutting the power tends to reset things). We'll see. :-)

Old 02-24-2016, 05:32 AM
Received 6,243 Likes on 5,444 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Skarre,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 05:51 AM
Received 4,176 Likes on 3,639 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 8,935 Likes on 5,285 Posts

Hello,
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Skarre (02-24-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<