New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Newbie from Cali

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newbie from Cali

Just dropping by and saying hello and telling a bit about myself,I live in the central valley in California and I am very GREEN to the world of Jaguar...Im a Blue Oval guy thru and thru...Ive owned Lincoln Mark VII's and Mark VIII's and a few Mustangs...Currently own a 2006 GT Mildly Modded....not to mention I have been a Ford Service Writer for about 10 years.....My wife needed a car and we looked at used Lincoln LS8's and a couple BMW 5 and 3 series'.....last week the Ford dealer I work at took an 2002 Jaguar X Type S model?? In on trade...clean with 88k on the clock...I took it home to my wife and she loved it!!!...So we got a heck of a deal and bought it....Granted I know alot about Ford Products, but not too savvy on Jag...I know Ford has a hand in Jaguar, but not sure if its related to my XType...... Like I said the car is clean....it does have some flaws....Hood struts worn....a glitch where the pass door needs to be unlocked a couple times before it opens, and having a heck of a time training the Homelink.....but all in all a great car thats very fun to drive.....as usual when I own a car I join a forum...I did with m Lincolns and my Mustangs....now Im here with the Jag group....I hope to get to make a fe friends...and get tips and advice when it comes to repair or maintain my wifes new toy....I will admit after we bought the car...I went to the web and found tons of negative remarks about how horrible these cars are...Im hoping I didnt make a mistake....but I am going into this positive...after all Google any car and youll only get the neg feedback.....any advice or tips great appreciated and cant wait to take a look around here........Jeff

Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Jeff, it's true you hear a lot more negative on the Internet because people go there with their problems. You'll find lots of good information and people here. Perhaps you'll be able to add to the X-Type positive appreciation thread!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, ride quality may not be as good as your previous rides aside from mustang ,still you're used to driving Ford products and X Type will be a cute car to own

Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sunshine (I could do with some over here I'm sure that you will enjoy Jaguar ownership and you will also discover that this is one of the friendliest forums around.

Good to see you.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Blacksunshine,

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new car. I'm sure you and your wife will continue to be happy with it. I recently bought an 08 S-Type which is proving to be a great car. I live in San Jose and was just through your area this weekend. We headed up to Amador County for a few days.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome Blacksunshine,

That was a great intro, I'm sure your wife will grow to love her X.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard sunshine, great to have you here with us!
Lovin the X type.....I had the 2.5 Sport on a (2002).....great car!
You'll see quite a few Ford parts there, around 20% if memory serves, mostly running gear and the like.
Please do yourself a huge favour and check out the X type quick FAQ links for looads n loads of info on them, such as driver door handle issues, dash vents and some other minor issues........weak point is the transfer case as I'm sure you know.......get it checked and consider a flush n refill ( some great how to posts on that too )

I love the Blue Oval myself and have had many Fords over here in UK......still a very popular brand over here!

You've just joined one of the friendliest forums around.....I've upgraded you too Full forum access so you can enjoy even more!