PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] Breaking 1998 X308 3.2l Executive - will send worldwide!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Default Breaking 1998 X308 3.2l Executive - will send worldwide!

Hey guys,

as my car is now dead - rotted to pieces - it is time to use it as a donor.

1998 XJ8 Executive, 3.2l non-VVT V8 (chains and tensioners replaced in 2016, alternator at the same time, all illnesses of the engine are sorted), 5hp24 (overhauled in 2017 due to the problematical A drum and pressure valve issue, both upgraded also new multifriction plate drum with more clutches from vehicles with a lot more power -> Audi A8 W12). Shock absorbers are brand new, 250 km on the fronts, not even one on the rear. Steering rack is next to new, second good condition steering rack also available (both for LHD). Diff doesn't leak. Front ARB just been replaced with uprated parts. Rear ARB kit with all required parts and uprated links...

Interior is all black leather, interior mirror with yellow plug is like new. Radio works, comes with code, wood is all good, apart from some usual cracks in the door trim but nothing bad. Leather is good, just seat cushion seam has popped. Heated and works. Cruise, bla bla. Power antenna works perfectly. Locks, keys, tachometer, ... Everything works. The seats have full power adjustment (headrest, cushion, backrest), powerfolding mirrors, autodimming at the same time, ...

Otherwise loads of new parts fitted lately. And also loads to fit. Rustfree wings/fenders, new bumper brackets, new sidemarkers (all illuminated!), new bushings, ball joints, side glass, name it, I am sure either new or used in my inventory.

Have a look at the pictures...

I have no problem sending stuff far away. Just the buyer needs to pay for shipping, which isn't that bad today. Costs less than normal.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[I]Hi Looking for a driver window switch. Mine is a 95 and should work I live up in Canada[Mine has all the same works as yours but looks a bit different.
Thanks
Paul/I]

Old 05-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need both front inner door handles

I've a 98 VDP, 4.0 with broken inner door handles. If you can ship to the US, LIberty, MO, 64068, that would be great. Thank you. Paul

Old 05-10-2018, 04:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by newheart8
[I]Hi Looking for a driver window switch. Mine is a 95 and should work I live up in Canada[Mine has all the same works as yours but looks a bit different.
Thanks
Paul/I]
Sorry Paul, 95 and 98 aren't compatible... Different shape. Unless you had a typo...

Damien

Old 05-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LivewireRacing
I've a 98 VDP, 4.0 with broken inner door handles. If you can ship to the US, LIberty, MO, 64068, that would be great. Thank you. Paul
That would be no Problem Paul. Handles, cables or handles and cables required?

Damien

Old 05-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again. Will you be removing the front springs?? I need a pair for my 95. What do you want for the front shocks??
Thanks
Paul

Old 05-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Default Just the handles

I need just the handles. And, i you have the functioning door/door card clips that hold the door in place, I need those too. Thank you. Paul (Lively)

Last edited by LivewireRacing; 05-11-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Requesting more parts.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking for the throttle position sensor connector body and some length of the harness to replace my broken connector body. Are you willing to cut the harness and ship the connector to Mountain, View CA 94043?

Thanks!

Nick

Old 05-12-2018, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by newheart8
Hello again. Will you be removing the front springs?? I need a pair for my 95. What do you want for the front shocks??
Thanks
Paul
Hi,

they won't fit your 95, as the 98 had an entirely different front axle. The shocks are also already sold (but also wouldn't fit). Keep in mind, this is an X308, not an X300 Thanks for your interest though!

Originally Posted by LivewireRacing
I need just the handles. And, i you have the functioning door/door card clips that hold the door in place, I need those too. Thank you. Paul (Lively)
So just the inside handles? All 4? Just the the chrome part with the black plastic base? I have too many of them. $25 + shipping and they are yours. The clips I can throw in for free. Just the little black ones are all my XJ8 had...

Originally Posted by nd4spdlsc
I'm looking for the throttle position sensor connector body and some length of the harness to replace my broken connector body. Are you willing to cut the harness and ship the connector to Mountain, View CA 94043?

Thanks!

Nick
Hmm, so you basically only want the plug TO the TB but no parts from the TB? Sure. That is no problem. I'll willing to cut the harness (doubt anyone would buy it on it's own ). I can cut the entire section of the TB harness off if it can do you any good...

Old 05-13-2018, 04:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daim
]
Hmm, so you basically only want the plug TO the TB but no parts from the TB? Sure. That is no problem. I'll willing to cut the harness (doubt anyone would buy it on it's own ). I can cut the entire section of the TB harness off if it can do you any good...

Yes, correct. The PO had the TB replaced but still had running issues. His mechanic had replaced the TB 3x. I traced it down to bad connections and the gold pin issue. Unfortunately, the plastic has failed on the connector body and I cannot retain the pins during insertion. So far, I only need the TPS connector not the passenger side. I replaced the connector body on the driver side that the PO's dummkopf mechanic broke during servicing. How much would you like for the TPS connector?

Your English is excellent. I wish my German were half as good.

Nick

Old 05-14-2018, 12:56 AM
Default Inner Door handles

Turns out I "need" just the front left handle and the front right cable. If it's easier, all four plus the cables might be best. Seems like things are so brittle on this car, all the bits break once I touch 'em. If you'd PM me a price, including shipping, I'd much appreciate that. Thank you sir!

So just the inside handles? All 4? Just the the chrome part with the black plastic base? I have too many of them. $25 + shipping and they are yours. The clips I can throw in for free. Just the little black ones are all my XJ8 had...

Hmm, so you basically only want the plug TO the TB but no parts from the TB? Sure. That is no problem. I'll willing to cut the harness (doubt anyone would buy it on it's own ). I can cut the entire section of the TB harness off if it can do you any good...[/QUOTE]
i