PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[NorthEast]: Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Default Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR

Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR conv. 70,000 miles VIN SAJDA42B733A34755.

Last fall prior to putting the car up for winter I began experiencing odor in the cabin suggesting a fuel leak. Investigation showed fuel along the fuel rail on the passenger side of the engine. I suspect it is the pulse damper seal leaking. After researching the problem here in the forum, I realize I am not up to the challenge. If there is anyone out there willing to take on the project this could be your opportunity to acquire a fine and stunning classic automobile.

I purchased the car in late 2012 with approximately 51,000 miles on it. I have enjoyed the car for the last 5 seasons averaging about 4,000 miles a year. The car is in generally very good shape. It always attracts admiring looks and comments. During my ownership, I have:

1) Flushed and replaced transmission fluid
2) Replaced 2 O2 sensors
3) Replaced supercharger and accessory belts
4) Drained and refilled differential
5) Flushed cooling system, replacing thermostat and inter-cooler pump
6) Installed WHITEXKR realguage
7) Replaced spark plugs
8) Annual oil/filter change.

By reviewing maxwdg’s experience on the forum will give you an idea of the extent of the repair.

I am asking $7500.00 for the car as is but because I really don’t have a good sense of its value given the circumstances that can be subject to negotiation.
Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR-img_0037.jpg

Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR-img_0038.jpg

Reluctantly for sale 2003 XKR-img_0039.jpg

Old 06-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

would suggest you take about 20 or so more photos and just provide a link for viewing. I really enjoy my 02 xkr but it's black and I really like red !! There are several forum remarks about the same problem and it details a lot of work to eliminate / repair the problem. I still may be interested after I see more photos.
thanks,
Ken in WV by golly

Old 06-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

What people will want to see is under the hood and the seats.

Although difficult, anything in the wheel wells, or under the car helps a lot in convincing a buy.

I've been looking into this since it was posted.

Wish it were closer.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,019 Likes on 740 Posts

Yes more pics will surely help your cause.

Good luck !

Old 06-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Default Additional pictures coming

Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow up as soon as I figure out how to set up a link to additional pictures.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

Uploading to the forum would be the easiest.

Either as attachments to a post, or if you click your user name there is a gallery feature there you can use.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Default Add’l pics in gallery adikesdw 2003 XKR

I have taken some additional pictures and placed them in an album “2003 XKR” under my username.
Some things I tried to show in the pictures and may not have been successful.
I think at some point the passenger side paint was re-sprayed or touched up—
There are two or three light scratches on the car —
There is a small puncture/tear in the leather on the drivers side seat back by the seat back latch—
The head rests do not go up and down motor works I suspect drive cable not connected properly—
Emergency flasher button sometimes sticks when pressed—
If you look at the picture of the speaker cage at the top center of the windshield you can see some shadowing and I always wondered if the car had experience the green shower in its past—
The stitching in the top is worn down but everything seems to be tight and in tact.
If there are serious offers I can arrange to put the car on a lift and get underbody pictures otherwise i’m Not planning any maintenance until I prepare it for winter storage in November.

I have pretty much just enjoyed the car while maintaining it to the best of my limited ability. It’s not a perfect specimen but it does have class and value and would make the right owner a great acquisition.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Don't be put off by distance

I would suggest the following: Auto transports are an amazingly good deal. If you can get a good, well-respected mechanic in the area to evaluate your potential buy, remotely (consult the local JCNA club), you could make your deal with the owner of your sexy red XK8 and have it transported for about $500-$700 by an auto transport company.

I had my XK8 done that way; it cost me $550 to transport my XK8 from Texas to Massachusetts. I used Direct Express and they were fine; they all basically contract out their shipments to transporters passing through. And interestingly most of the companies I received bids from were owned by people with Russian accents. Don't know if there's something there...

So for an $8,000 XKR it is not very high risk.

Originally Posted by Tervuren
What people will want to see is under the hood and the seats.

Although difficult, anything in the wheel wells, or under the car helps a lot in convincing a buy.

I've been looking into this since it was posted.

Wish it were closer.