Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 jaguar STR code P0174 Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 06 jaguar STR code P0174 Only

Hello Jaguar forums.

I recently picked up a 2006 Jaguar S-Type R after looking for a long time and I am really loving the car. But as of recently, I am throwing the code P0174 Lean Bank 2. I've read on the forums about the P0174 and P0171 codes caused by a vacuum leak. But I am only throwing the 74 code. I've also inspected the vacuum lines after reading another forum and they seem good to me. Sometimes it throws the check engine light and other times it's stored in pending codes. My mpg seems fair and the idle seems good too. My next guess is a bad O2 sensor and wanted to get an opinion from someone on here if they think that's what it can be. Also another question. Which side of the engine is Bank 1 and which side is Bank 2? Thanks.

-Nicholas

Old 10-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Use the search function of this forum as this topic has been discussed at length many times.

Check injector seals on Bank 2 for leaks. What are the STFT and LTFT readings for Bank 2?

If the MIL is on, what are the DTCs stored in the system? Post them here.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 470 Posts

bank 2 is on the LH side of the car .

check your exhaust flange for leaks as its known to cause this issue too.

other wise it would have to be the bank 2 blower to charge cooler rubber connection or the manifold gaskets under the charge cooler - or an injector issue , but i doubt it will be an injector or you'd have a misfire code as well.

your best bet is to get your self an elm327 and monitor the live data .
for fuel trims & o2 sensor function. there are some nifty tricks you can use with the fuel trim live data and a can of ether to find vacuum leaks .

Old 10-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Datsports
bank 2 is on the LH side of the car .

check your exhaust flange for leaks as its known to cause this issue too.

other wise it would have to be the bank 2 blower to charge cooler rubber connection or the manifold gaskets under the charge cooler - or an injector issue , but i doubt it will be an injector or you'd have a misfire code as well.

your best bet is to get your self an elm327 and monitor the live data .
for fuel trims & o2 sensor function. there are some nifty tricks you can use with the fuel trim live data and a can of ether to find vacuum leaks .
Thanks Datsports for the info. As for the possible cooler leak. I attached a link to a video of the car idling and seems to have a whistle, but I'm not sure if that's the normal idle noise. The car was professionally serviced less than 9k miles ago with a ton of work done. On the list of repairs. The mechanic wrote " Investigated lean fuel condition. Found oxygen sensors slow to respond. Replaced Upstream sensors but the fault is still active. Removed supercharger, throttle body, and EGR valve. Found signs of gaskets not sealing correctly. Replaced relevant gaskets and re-checked fuel trim. Test drove and found all values reading correctly. Re-installed original O2 sensors and cleared codes." As for the OBD2. I own a Bluetooth scanner and have the Torque app. Am I able to get all the fuel info from that app? Thanks for the advice.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...lZQbUlZTlk0X2M

Old 10-26-2017, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Check both banks in case it's close to also flagging P0171. LTFTs...

Old 10-26-2017, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Yes, you can record fuel trim data using the Torque app - the purchased version - at least several years ago, the freebie would not give you fuel trims.