S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing to Stock Nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing to Stock Nav

Hi Guys, Got a 2005 S-Type. Im having a problem with my climate controls. I do not have the stock nav. I have the stock radio. So the climate control unit is separate. I can get my hands on a stock nav unit for about $80. I like the way it looks. I run all my navigation and music through my phone via a wireless bluetooth adapter. So The functionality of the nav unit is not a big deal to me. The touch screen climate controls are. Can I just remove the radio and plug in the factory nav unit? Is there anything else I should be aware of with this swap out? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttcrackplumber
Hi Guys, Got a 2005 S-Type. Im having a problem with my climate controls. I do not have the stock nav. I have the stock radio. So the climate control unit is separate. I can get my hands on a stock nav unit for about $80. I like the way it looks. I run all my navigation and music through my phone via a wireless bluetooth adapter. So The functionality of the nav unit is not a big deal to me. The touch screen climate controls are. Can I just remove the radio and plug in the factory nav unit? Is there anything else I should be aware of with this swap out? Thanks in advance.
The nav, climate, audio and amp use a fiber optic d2b network to interface with the touch screen....i dont know if your car is pre wired with this...if so ,then you might be able to do it...not sure about the modules being the same....i doubt it...plus it would then need to be programmed...that would be the easiest and final step

The following 2 users liked this post by scottjh9:
Buttcrackplumber (02-25-2019), julialaue (03-11-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Buttcrackplumber (02-25-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Received 265 Likes on 203 Posts

You will need to modify the wiring.
There is no 'plug and play' wiring connection made by Jaguar, you have to do it yourself or get it made for you.

Mellow

Buttcrackplumber (02-25-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 02:15 PM

I have a 2003 S-Type 3L that doesn’t have a touch screen nav console. I dont need the nav so much (although it would be nice) but what i would really like is to have Bluetooth capability to connect to my phone through the console. Anyone know how I can do that? It’s an American Jag. Here is a pic...

2003 S-Type 300L V6

Old 03-11-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by scottjh9
The nav, climate, audio and amp use a fiber optic d2b network to interface with the touch screen....i dont know if your car is pre wired with this...if so ,then you might be able to do it...not sure about the modules being the same....i doubt it...plus it would then need to be programmed...that would be the easiest and final step
Hi! What is a wireless Bluetooth adapter and how can i get one? Does it work with your car stereo system? Sorry for the dumb question but this is one thing I am looking for and just bought a 2003 S-Type

Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by julialaue
Hi! What is a wireless Bluetooth adapter and how can i get one? Does it work with your car stereo system? Sorry for the dumb question but this is one thing I am looking for and just bought a 2003 S-Type
this is what you want . but first check your car is prewired for it . the cable is clipped to the back side of the removable panel behind the audio stack in the boot/trunk .
i bought this one two years ago to find my car although is premium alpine with nav , is not prewired for BT or PHONE .

julialaue (04-03-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by julialaue
I have a 2003 S-Type 3L that doesn’t have a touch screen nav console. I dont need the nav so much (although it would be nice) but what i would really like is to have Bluetooth capability to connect to my phone through the console. Anyone know how I can do that? It’s an American Jag. Here is a pic...

2003 S-Type 300L V6
I just ordered this:
Amazon Amazon
it looked to me like a somewhat easy clean route to hands free BT phone operation with the least visual impact to my stock interior trim. Fingers crossed....

Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 AM
Received 265 Likes on 203 Posts

The Jaguar bluetooth system only works with phone calls.
It does not work with text or with music.

In the S-type it is a two part system, the phone control box in the boot linked to the d2b fibre optic system and the bluetooth interface fitted in the centre consul in the car.
You will also need to fit the microphone in the car and a jumper lead into the voice control electrical connector in the boot to make the mic work unless you have the voice control module.
Although the cars are pre-wired for these units there is quite a lot of work involved fitting them.

However you can also fit the later X-type bluetooth interface, UK part number 7W93 10D893 AB, into the s-type. This is a one module unit in the boot, again fitted to the d2b system, with a bluetooth antenna that plugs in to it.
You will still need the microphone and the link in the voice control connector, unless you have the voice module.
This later unit is far better as you can have more than one phone linked to it and it has a singal meter in the display (If you have one.)
It also saves on instalation time and may work on more modern phones, but I am unsure about that last bit?

However as I mentioned even the newer X-type module will only give you bluetooth phone calls, no texts and no music.

Also if you do have the voice control module that will probably need to be re-programed using the Jaguar SDD software to activate the phone voice commands. (But it may not!)

Mellow

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 04-17-2019 at 03:56 AM.