S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source

Does anyone have a good non-dealer (i.e. cheaper) source for the DCCV? I understand the Lincoln LS shares the same part and appears to be cheaper (per the archive), but it's not clear to me which years would be compatible with my 2005 4.2L (I would guess a 2005 LS V8, but would like to be sure before plunking down the $$$).

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Old 10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

I would check carefully before doing that. I have both cars and the DCCV looks like it is the same basic part BUT the hoses and port connections are different. I have a 2003 LS and a 2005 STR.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks tbird6, that's exactly why I'm asking the question... I want to make sure I get the correct item and there's no clear info in the archives that I could find.

Danielsatur: do you have a part# or an ebay link to what you got? I did many searches on ebay with no matches.

From what I've seen there are two different part #'s that claim to serve this application:
1.) XR840091 - seen on Jagbits.com, motorcarsltd.com, etc. for $300+
2.) W0133-1655860 - seen on jaggparts.com, autopartswarehouse.com, etc. for ~$235

Both look the same and claim to fit the 2003-2008 S-type, but they must be different manufacturers or something... anyone have experience with either item? With the commonality of this part failure, I'm was really hoping someone could add some insight for me and others that might have this issue.

BTW - the local parts stores (Napa, Autozone) don't list it for Jaguar or for the Lincoln LS.

Thanks again,

Bob

Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Here are some pictures of the Lincoln LS DCCV which I changed on my wifes 2003 LS. I got it from Rock Auto. They called it a heater control valve. See if it looks anything like what you need for your 2005 Jaguar?
Note: it has five hoses on it.

Attached Thumbnails Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source-dccv-valve.jpg   Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source-dccv-valve1.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Since Daniel didn't actually answer your question. Here is a link to one from a Lincoln LS (From Rock Auto BTW)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-LI...Q5fAccessories

Here is one for the same generation S type...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...Q5fAccessories

Interesting thing is they look like different parts. While many people think that there are a lot of shared parts between the LS and S type, they actually share very little. Also, the links above are for pre-2003 cars. There were no listings for an 05 or newer. Another note, the part number that starts with XR8 looks to be a genuine Jaguar part number while the other looks to be an after market number. Hope that helps.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the info guys... it certainly helps. They all look pretty similar... I think I'll go with one that references my Model & Year just to be safe. I'd hate to go through the hassle of getting the old one off only to find that what I bought wouldn't work because of a minor difference (e.g. different diameter hose fitting, etc.).

My current one is leaking... in addition, my passenger side would blow HOT continuously and just recently both driver & passenger sides blow HOT all the time, so I'm guessing both solenoids have locked up now in the open position. The car has 70K on it and I've never used stop leak (or anything similar) and have always used the proper coolant type. I didn't use the 'Auto' climate control mode much, so maybe lack of "exercise" contributed to the early demise of the valve.

Once replaced, I'll report back with any removal/install tips and if the valve fixed my climate control issues (might also be related to faulty evap sensor or air cond module as others have noted in the archives).

Thanks again for the replies!

Bob

Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

How did that help?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by danielsatur
Companys will change a package and put a number on it, they own the number,componet, and it makes a good and easy part reference.

Example-
I don't want to get into debates and arguements about OS sensors, but there's heated and non-heated. ''I make them work''

I replaced a diode on a TV, the part was listed for $30, I got the spec's, and got one at the local Radio shake for $1.
I agree with JagV8... How did that help?

Also, what is a "OS" sensor.... Is that a sensor that tells ya when I'm behind ya on the highway.. If so, why don't more cars have 'em.

Bob... So sorry for the interruption. Go with a vendor that you feel comfortable with. I would personally stick with the Jaguar part. There is a member here Ken@Britishparts.com that may be able to help with sourcing as well..

Old 10-21-2009, 03:12 PM

He didn't want to spend alot of $$$ ........
Well, certainly no more than I have to... I always do a bit of research first and try to save $$$ when possible

If you noticed, there's alot of new members who buy these cars cheap, and bring up old issues.
Some people don't want to hear it, but I'am tired of working on this stuff, it pays nothing,
and theres always to much negativity.
????

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Bob... So sorry for the interruption. Go with a vendor that you feel comfortable with. I would personally stick with the Jaguar part. There is a member here Ken@Britishparts.com that may be able to help with sourcing as well..
No problem at all. I ordered it from Jagbits for $305 (w/shipping & no taxes)... not that much cheaper than the dealer ($329 + tax), but slightly... same part # (XR840091) as the dealer, so it should be a genuine OEM part.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Default Changed the DCCV - Update

Just thought I'd provide an update on my experience of changing the Dual Coolant Control Valve (DCCV) on my 05 4.2L S-Type in case it might help someone now or in the future...

I'm certainly not a novice, and this was still not a fun or easy job. It took me about 4 hours total (incl. bleeding, cleanup, etc.), but I could certainly do it much quicker now that I've done it once. I essentially followed the JTIS procedure (see attached document I created with the JTIS procedure & some notes/info from other threads that I thought was useful), but there were a few things worth mentioning:
- Definitely drain the coolant system first, I tried to get by without doing so, but once you get the heater hoses off, there's so much coolant that comes out that you might as well just drain it from the radiator first thing anyway.
- Removing the heater hoses from the metal lines up top is certainly the way to go (as opposed to releasing them off the valve)... I found that I needed to disconnect the hose above them in order to have enough room to grip them and "unlatch" them from the metal pipes. The quick release couplings are a bit tricky to release, pushing the hose back onto the pipe and then releasing one side of the coupling at a time while rocking the hose did the trick, but it still was a challenge.
- The 8mm bolt that holds the DCCV to the fan shroud is VERY difficult to get to. I used an open end 8mm wrench with my left hand. A ratcheting style 8mm wrench would have been very useful (there's not enough room for a socket & ratchet).

I guess those are the main points... the JTIS procedure will get you through it, it's just a bit of a pain as the DCCV is certainly located in a hard to access area.

This didn't fix my "always on" heating issue, but the valve needed replaced anyway since it was leaking. The wiring harness looked ok, but I certainly see where it can chafe on the cross member. I should've checked the signals at the connector when I was in there, so I'll have some digging to do to track down my problem (air con module, evap sensores, etc.). The fun never seems to stop!

Bob

Attached Files
The following 5 users liked this post by Bob Smith:
1320racer (07-09-2015), JagGirl1954 (05-27-2014), Jumpin' Jag Flash (11-27-2013), ndy4eva (05-26-2011), StephanWolf (01-06-2011)
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Great Post! Thanks for taking the time.

About the issue... I hate to say this, seems lame after all the work you've done! If you do a search in the forum, there has been other issues reported and fixed by users that involves the climate control module and a temperature sensor.. From what I remember, the sensor is like 20 dollars or so. Let us know if you find it. If not, I'll do a search when I don't have a baby in my lap and can type with more than one hand....

Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Bob:
Great post!! Any pictures of the Jaguar DCCV?? From the JTIS pictures it LOOKS the same as the Lincoln version? But I have only changed the Lincoln part. It would be great if we could verify if the Lincoln part would work. They sure looked different when I was trying to compare them. That's why I posted the pictures of the Lincoln part.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:39 PM

Hey Tbird,

Here's a couple of pics of the Jaguar DCCV I removed... not sure if you can tell much from them or not.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source-img_3420.jpg   Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source-img_3423.jpg  
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

Bob:
Thanks for the pictures. It is hard to tell? Do you remember how many hoses were attached?

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 PM

Just three hoses... one "input" hose and then two ouputs going to the two heater hose pipes.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Bob:
I did say I would post the thread that got into the sensor issue and the climate control module... Here it is... https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=9777

That may be the issue.

Quick Reply: Dual Climate Control Valve (DCCV) Source