S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handset in use!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Handset in use!

I just bought a 2007 s-type and am trying to pair to bluetooth, but when I touch the phone icon I get "handset in use" screen. How can I get rid of this to pair up my phone?
thanks!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 PM

When you first start the car is the Bluetooth active on you cell phone? If so you may want to deactivate the Bluetooth on the phone then start the car and follow the pairing instructions from the manual.

PAIRING YOUR PHONE

Vehicles with touch-screen Follow these steps to pair your phone with the vehicle:

1. Switch the vehicle’s ignition ON (position II).

2. Press the button, to the left of the touch-screen.

3. Using the touch-screen keypad, enter the code ##3#*#, then touch .

4. The message Discover Me will be displayed, to confirm that the system is ready to pair with a mobile phone.

5. Switch on your mobile phone’s Bluetooth connection, using the phone’s menu. (See your phone’s manual for more information.)

6. Select search for other Bluetooth devices or Audio Accessories from your mobile phone’s menu.

7. Select Jaguar in your phone’s paired device list, in order to connect to the vehicle’s Bluetooth system.

8. Enter the Passkey on your mobile phone (the Passkey is 1313).

9. Under certain circumstances, the message No BT Phone may be displayed briefly.

10. After a short delay, the message Phone Connected will confirm that the phone and vehicle are paired.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Unhappy

Thanks, Iwill try that. I have tried everything else. The problem is that when I turn the car on, I get the handset in use screen when i push the phone icon. I never get to any other screen in order to put in the codes. Its so frustrating. I had to just walk away from it for a few days. argh

Old 04-21-2009, 11:35 AM

The “Handset in Use” screen is the startup screen and should go away after a few seconds changing to the screen with the phone number touchpad. If this is not happening there is a problem. Have you tried resetting the system by disconnecting the battery?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

great instructions Red!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Default greg561

Greg have you checked to see if your phone is compatable with your car?

Old 04-23-2009, 02:40 PM

How do I and where is the battery that I need to reset? I think you may be on to something! That screen never changes from handset in use.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Anglrckx, did you buy you Jag at a dealership? If so you should take it to them to look into the problem. The battery I mentioned is the main car battery and it is located in the trunk, under the mat and next to the spare tire. You should disconnect the negative lead from the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect. If you do this you will have to reset all your radio presets and one touch window up and down but it may reset the "Handset in use" program.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

the handset in use screen fault is normally caused by the bluetooth interface module below the cubby box in the center console. Ive just put 2 in, in the past 3 days

Old 04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

On another note...

I'll be interested in hearing how your Treo works when you get it working. I'm so unhappy with mine that I'm temped to toss it out the window and drive over it. The phonebook doesn't work at all and Jaguar has tested it and come to the same conclusion.

Eric

Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Quick question on the same "Headset in use" screen. Mine says the same thing, but it also says mute or hang up headset. I have a slot for the phone in my armrest. I have an 03 S-Type.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

Hi, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a related problem. When I go to enter ##3#*#, then press enter, it just says No Service. Also, a screen flashes on every few seconds saying that the phone is off, but its not. Also, the car does try to pair with my phone after every time the phone off screen goes away and the keypad shows up again. Could it be the bluetooth module or the phone module? I haven't got that handset in use message show up and the system says READY in the top left when the keypad screen is showing. I'm kind of at a loss here.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Unhappy hey NVMYJAG

I get the same screen with handset in use, and it says hangup or mute. but I don't see any handsets or slots for phones. I have an 07 s-type. I never get past this screen and never get to see the screen to enter on a keypad. It's so frustrating! I am thinking about resetting the battery to see if that helps.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:43 PM

If I open up my arm rest there is a slot for a phone to be plugged into and I know that there is a Motorola phone that goes in it. I don't have the phone and I’m pretty sure they don’t sell it.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Default hmmmmmmmm

Are you talking about the something that looks like a cigarrette lighter plug in? I have one inside my armrest and i use it to plug in my cell phone. That would really be disappointing to find out it takes a phone from jaguar to get the bluetooth to work and we can't purchase it.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

There are two types of phone units. There was a hard wired phone option that came with a Motorola phone. The other is basically the same unit only instead of a phone plugged in it has a bluetooth reciever hooked to the phone module. Both setups were options on the S-type. A car with the hard wired phone, for hands free, should be able to be upgraded with the bluetooth module. My car doesn't have the phone option and I've been looking for the parts to add it. They are real expensive from the dealer.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
There are two types of phone units. There was a hard wired phone option that came with a Motorola phone. The other is basically the same unit only instead of a phone plugged in it has a bluetooth reciever hooked to the phone module. Both setups were options on the S-type. A car with the hard wired phone, for hands free, should be able to be upgraded with the bluetooth module. My car doesn't have the phone option and I've been looking for the parts to add it. They are real expensive from the dealer.
Mine has the hard wired phone and there is a place to dock the phone in the top of the armrest. Do you know how much and what part number would cover the bluetooth module?

Old 05-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

From what I have gathered from Jaguar Parts, the phone module is $507 and the bluetooth module is $164. The only listing they have is for the XJ. I would think that if you got hold of the dealer the prices should be the same. May even be the same part since many of the electronics are the same from model to model. You should be lucky, since you already have the system hardwired in your car. Here is a link to the install instructions.

http://www.styperregistry.com/TechIn...%20Install.pdf

Quick Reply: Handset in use!