S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with these few questions????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Help with these few questions????

I can answer your exhaust question.

Resonators are usually in place to help muffle the sound output. I should know I got a dual exhaust off an SVT Contour for my Contour SE and removed the resonator in place of a straight pipe. It sounded horrible. I got way too much drone. If you're from a colder climate, it's even worse in the winter time. If you like sounding like a ricer than this is the way to go. [:'(]

My suggestion is to go for a straight pipe from a manufacturer like Magnaflow, and replace that w/your current resonator. Or perhaps a glass-pack if you're looking for louder. This should not throw a lean code. Before you do this, I'd rather have someone more experienced w/the S-type confirm this. It also depends where your O2 sensors are if they are indeed far downstream past the catalytic converter.

Well, IMO an air filter shouldn't throw a car very off. If you reset the ECU a la disconnected battery for 20mins, you should be fine. Ehh other suggestions for power-adders, get a chip burned and take it to a performance shop and get the ECU reflashed, headers, lose as much weight as you can out of the car. These are basic add-ons before going into things like forced induction.

Another suggestion that many often forget is maintenance of the vehicle. You'd be surprised how caked your intake manifolds are w/carbon. Things like that can free up some extra ponies.

Sorry, can't help you with the other issues, I'm not very familiar w/this platform.
Good luck!