S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location of parking assist speaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Location of parking assist speaker

Before I get stoned for asking a parking assist question, be assured I have read extensively the previous post on the subject including the excellent, how to's, etc that have been posted on the subject. My frustration is they all say look on the rear package tray. I've looked on the tray under the tray and even used a remote camera to look between the tray and no luck. I have a sensor not working so no beap to follow. Is it possible that the horn could be some other place on a 2003 S-Type 4.2? I posted a plea for help a few weeks ago and got no response.....I know this is a minor issue to the "experts" but to us newbees struggling in the dark...a little light would be appreciated. Meanwhile, I'll return to searching through my volumes of downloads and Jaguar manuals to learn what someone on the forum already knows. Like I said.....frustrated.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

It's On The Tray Behind The Passenger Side Rear Headrest. You Gotta Remove The Cover To See It.

The following users liked this post:
KCooper167 (08-28-2014)
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

+1 as per ONEsicJAG's reply ...you can't see it until you remove the trim and inspect what is attached above the underlying metal panel. Also hidden if you forgive the analogy, KCooper ... tucked amongst all those downloads you say you have, make JTIS (Jaguar's digital Workshop Manual) your #1 "must read" because it is fully explained and pictured.

Having said that, don't get too frustrated ... yes, there is a learning curve, and part of that is learning where to find, and how to use the many resources here. If there were a flow chart for seeking advice (there isn't), then the first question would be "Have you read the relevant JTIS section and topic entry?"

With that benefit on board, I have found that many initial questions are answered by my own research ... and those that remain can be better asked in a better informed and specifically targeted manner. There is no stupid or too basic question, but frustration can stop you in your tracks. I hope this advice helps.

Best wishes,
Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (08-25-2014), KCooper167 (08-28-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 PM

Finally got the time to work on this. Bought all new sensors and now have a real light clicking sound coming from each one. Had to pull the bumper cover off but after downloading and reading the Workshop manual it wasn't too bad. next I removed the cardboard cover under the parcel tray proving access to the metal shelf (that the speakers attach to). By the way no sound emitted after checking the sensors for clicking, turning the key to position II, and blocking the wheels and putting the car in reverse. No speaker was found. I did find a wire (pair) running to a point behind the passenger head rest that had been cut off. I fear that someone may have removed it for some reason. Or That wire was not for the speaker at all and I have yet to find it. I guess the next step would be to remove the material on top (inside of car) of the metal shelf. Not quite sure how it comes off to what is involved. But...I'm not giving up. Thanks for your help!

Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 PM

Just an update. Got the manual out and will study how the cover come off the metal tray and all will be revealed...Thanks to all.