Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mina gallery

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 540 Likes on 405 Posts
Default mina gallery

I just bought an intake pipe for my car from mina gallery...here is my story so far...item marked as shipped on ebay as of monday..sent email asking if it had physically shipped or just marked as so...got a response that yes it shipped and should have by thursday because of the holiday...I only live 175 miles north of their address...thursday came and no pipe...sent email again asking for tracking number....no response...today, friday, I send email asking for tracking number and as of yet no response....I was under the impression by reading on this forum that chris at mina is a great guy and good to work with...now maybe they had to make it but I do not like the smoke treatment and the no response...if it has not shipped yet just tell me..I know a lot of you have good things to say about this place...my experience is not starting off well...He knows I am a forum member because I raved about the great reviews on here...any one else had a sour experience with this place , or do you have to be a personal friend of this chris...any input good or bad is appreciated

Old 07-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

No personal friend here. Years ago when we outfitted Joyce's Jag with Mina parts we had great service with them and Chris. He always went beyond.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

The following users liked this post:
scottjh9 (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Amazing...10 minutes after I posted this I got a response from mina that they are going to check into this pronto..coincidence....maybe...but I still give out a big thanks just in case

Old 07-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

No coinkydink! The power of social media rules now a days.

I hope everything works out for you. Again, I personally never had an issue with Mina Gallery. I have zero affiliation with them or Chris. If someone stumbles across this thread, do advanced search "Mina Gallery" user name "joycesjag" to read my dealings. Chris always treated me great!

Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

update on two fronts

1. Got the tracking number this morning for my pipe kit and shortly thereafter the pipe arrived....it is even better than pictured...it is a very stunning and functional pipe...sent an email thanking mina for shipping 2 day and expressed that I had no hard feelings,,I just felt mis-informed and put off...Chris replied back that he understood and apologized and said if I order again to use their website or call directly and he would take care of me...I will buy again just not sure what...he has my business

2. after installing the pipe I noticed an immediate positive change in low to mid power and response...the iat was about 145 degreesF with ambient temp 97 degrees on a freeway run...covered the pipe with a fiberglass backed aluminum foil heat wrap and did the same run...128 degrees...I read on the forum how a member did this and it makes sense to shield the pipe from engine bay heat...boy does it work...needless to say I am very happy and have a positive review for Chris and Mina Gallery and will be looking at the filter/heat shield setup or maybe an exhaust improvement if he has one..i see why they do not make it 3.5 inches..it would not clear the rad tank and would crush the intercooler hoses without a reroute..i think it looks and works good

Last edited by scottjh9; 07-09-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

[QUOTE]2. after installing the pipe I noticed an immediate positive change in low to mid power and response...the iat was about 145 degreesF with ambient temp 97 degrees on a freeway run...covered the pipe with a fiberglass backed aluminum foil heat wrap and did the same run...128 degrees...I read on the forum how a member did this and it makes sense to shield the pipe from engine bay heat...boy does it work...needless to say I am very happy and have a positive review for Chris and Mina Gallery and will be looking at the filter/heat shield setup or maybe an exhaust improvement if he has one..i see why they do not make it 3.5 inches..it would not clear the rad tank and would crush the intercooler hoses without a reroute..i think it looks and works good [END QUOTE]

THIS IS STRANGE .
the IAT sensor is in the MAF sensor which is before the intake pipe . so insulating it should make no difference at all to the IAT1 reading .
thats not to say it makes no difference to the IAT2 . but there is no way to read that from the car without first decoding the values and cross referencing them with some sort of number cruncher.
unless you add your own after market gauge .
also it seems you must have gotten rid of the factory air box as it has cold air intake and should read ambient all the time or there about's . whilst moving un less parked and running .

if your factory air box is removed as was mine . you need the mina cold air divider as well , and from my experience it is useless with out sealing it with radiator foam right around it and across the strut tower .

as mine now is , this does work fine and sounds phenomenal too.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

All readings with a snap on solus pro. Maybe it can do the math. Just reported what I saw. I know the intake air has to be cooler with heat tape than without. I kept factory airbox with the kn filter because I know it is getting outside air for sure and the extra cost for now without a dyno run one can only go by feel pretty much. I feel more zip for sure. Maybe a little exhaust work next. No matter how much you get in... it has to get out just as fast to make it the most efficient. Thanks for the input...as always I appreciate free advice and knowledge from all forum members..i have learned a great deal in my short time on here

Old 07-10-2018, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by scottjh9
All readings with a snap on solus pro. Maybe it can do the math. Just reported what I saw. I know the intake air has to be cooler with heat tape than without. I kept factory airbox with the kn filter because I know it is getting outside air for sure and the extra cost for now without a dyno run one can only go by feel pretty much. I feel more zip for sure. Maybe a little exhaust work next. No matter how much you get in... it has to get out just as fast to make it the most efficient. Thanks for the input...as always I appreciate free advice and knowledge from all forum members..i have learned a great deal in my short time on here
was it reading iat or iat2 ?

Old 07-10-2018, 01:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Originally Posted by scottjh9
after installing the pipe I noticed an immediate positive change in low to mid power and response...the iat was about 145 degreesF with ambient temp 97 degrees on a freeway run...covered the pipe with a fiberglass backed aluminum foil heat wrap and did the same run...128 degrees
Before the Mina did the car have a modified intake? It sounds so much like it had already been (badly) modified.

The OE intake is a cold air one...

Or, had the WOT solenoid flap been modified/removed? That would put up the freeway temps due to being open when it need not be, I think.

Last edited by JagV8; 07-10-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Datsports
thats not to say it makes no difference to the IAT2 . but there is no way to read that from the car without first decoding the values and cross referencing them with some sort of number cruncher.
IDS can read IAT2. Some other tools probably can. An elm327 can but we'd have to decode the data somewhat - easiest would be read with IDS and compare.

If you want to do this, I'd start with a cold car that way you know one temperature reading is exactly the same for both tools. Then warm it up a bit, say to a steady idle, and repeat. Then get it hotter but the temps will be slightly different I expect.

If you're better at software, you can connect both IDS and an elm327 but look at the circuit for ISO9141 and think!

Last edited by JagV8; 07-10-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Datsports (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry, was changing the post...

You can connect the elm327 and IDS using a Y cable (but beware the ISO).

Datsports (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for all the input guys..alot of good ideas..i just know it runs better so I will not be pursuing any further tests unless I make more changes..i got us off track on the thread subject of mina gallery...love this car

Datsports (07-10-2018)