S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Online Jag Parts Microfiche Available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Online Jag Parts Microfiche Available?

It would be really helpful if there was a parts fiche online. I assume there is and that I just have not found it yet.

Can one of you please point me in that direction?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

jaguarparts.com has something that's a start but I wish it had more!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jagv8
jaguarparts.com has something that's a start but I wish it had more!
Thanks JagV8. I am not finding anything on the JaguarParts.com that looks like a fiche. I see parts look-up by keyword or parts number. I must be missing it. Can you send me the URL for that section of their website?

Thanks.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Like I said: it's a start but I wish it had more. I'd imagine that no-one has a "fiche" online as surely it would breach copyright. (As well as probably looking awful on the web.)

Old 07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

BugDoc, if you go to the http://www.jaguarparts.com site and look up the part, then you can click on the "illustration" button to the right and see a picture of the part and the surrounding stuff. Might help you ensure you get the correct part. Otherwise, spend $10 on a JTIS CD and that will have most of the diagrams that you are looking for.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
BugDoc, if you go to the http://www.jaguarparts.com site and look up the part, then you can click on the "illustration" button to the right and see a picture of the part and the surrounding stuff. Might help you ensure you get the correct part. Otherwise, spend $10 on a JTIS CD and that will have most of the diagrams that you are looking for.
It seems that most of the items available through JaguarParts.com (at least the ones I am needing) do not have "Illustrations".

I know i need the upper intake manifold gaskets. Most of the other places I have found them at sell them as a set of 6. I assume this is only one based on the price. A microfiche showing each with an individual part number would make it a lot more clear.

I also cannot seem to locate the IMT o-ring on the JaguarParts.com website. If there was a fiche available I think I could locate the part number.

I have the JTIS CDs. But I cannot seem to find any mention of the 2 IMT o-rings on the 2002 S-type 3.0L. Again, if there was a microfiche it would be a piece of cake to find the parts.

JagV8. I do a lot of work on motorcycles. That is where I meet my need for speed. ALL the major bike brands have searchable microfiche available online and they are VERY legible and useful. Even if one has no clue what a part name might be, one can go to that section of the bike and find the part sought and the part(s) the previous owner decided to leave out or lost. Very useful, if one does their own work!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Here's not the answer you wanted:

Jag printed microfiche for S Type at introduction, and went fully digital soon afterward. Up to that point you could read diagrams for every model, and the fiche were updated every few months: so were paper price books.

Now it's all online, and therefore applications and pricing can be upated at any time. I believe you can get access to the Jaguar cataloging for a hefty price, I have not pursued it. My old fiche and a good parts guy at the dealer I buy from gets the job done.

If you spend some time searching the internet for Jaguar JEPC (Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalog), you might find some glory. I think you're better off working with a parts guy at your local dealer. Bring doughnuts, maybe you can leave with part numbers and find expensive stuff alot cheaper once you're sure of what you are looking for.

They don't make this stuff easy for a reason. I'm told the new 5.0L engine doesn't have a drain plug, so you have to go to the dealer for the required equipment to have your oil changed. Just what a Jag dealer needs, something else that sucks.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by JagtechOhio
Here's not the answer you wanted:

.... I think you're better off working with a parts guy at your local dealer. Bring doughnuts, maybe you can leave with part numbers and find expensive stuff alot cheaper once you're sure of what you are looking for....
If I had a local dealer it seems we would obviously become 'best friends'. The nearest dealer is 80 miles and two hours (during daylight) away!

Thanks for the tips on the other potential avenue. I'll be doing even more searches.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

It may be on jaguar global technical reference - anyone know?

Depending on one's location, i.e. local laws, Jaguar may be forced to make the info available for a price, maybe a non-discriminatory (or some other constraint) price, so you could investigate along those lines.

It is obvious that the more of this that's readily available then the less forced an owner is to use a dealer and thus the less attractive it is to be a dealer. This clearly is made worse as the numbers of vehicles sold drops. Make this a bad enough combination and there would be very few dealers so owners would have a long drive to one. Which is BugDoc's situation.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

The exploded views exist, my guys have emailed me pages before...they contain a note that the information is not to be distributed. The Global Technical Reference may have been the source I found online, but the subscription price made it a dead issue for me.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by JagtechOhio
The exploded views exist, my guys have emailed me pages before...they contain a note that the information is not to be distributed. The Global Technical Reference may have been the source I found online, but the subscription price made it a dead issue for me.

That is what I am looking for. I guess I need to FedEx donuts to the Jag parts counter down in Austin.

Donuts for O-rings. Sounds like a reasonable trade. Aaahhhh! Back to the barter system!

Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,784 Posts

One of the forum members, Police666, has a downloadable version of the JEPC available at no charge. The JEPC contains many 'exploded' images of associated parts and their location on the vehicle.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:49 PM

Where can I get that?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Go to the 'Members' button on the page header and perform a search using the member's name, or you can send the member a PM.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 03-22-2016, 06:31 PM

thanks guys

Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microfiche

Hi, I have Some models of Jaguar and Land Rover (Range Rover) Factory Parts catalogs on Microfiche film.
You will need a microfiche reader for them or really good eyes... Lol. 4" X 6" Film.
Part # RTC9918FG 1 of 4 thru 4 of 4 films: April 1995 6 & 12 cylinder Saloons from (V)667829 to (V)708757.
Part # RTC9918FF 1 of 4 thru 4 of 4 films: Nov. 1994 6& 12 cylinder Saloons from Same as above ^^ Suprceeded by FG
Part # RTC9910FJ 1 of 6 thru 6 of 6 films: May 1995 XJS Range from (V)179737
I also have a couple of Range Rover films also, 1987-1992 & 6/93 if anyone is interested.
Sorry, not much help. Mark.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:18 AM
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

The Coventry Foundation holds a full updated set of fiche, however as said here it covers only changes from 1968 or so to the year of the first "S". The exception is the E-Type which has coverage of all 4.2L models. We agree with comments that on line sources will provide more success for your "S". We preserve the fiche and machines for historic reasons but they are very useful in researching cars from 1968 to the last of the XJ-S (XJS). There were many changes that are reflected in the fiche that of course are not in the original SPCs. Reproduction of the fiche is of course forbidden and as also said would be of very poor quality. That said they should never-the-less be preserved as they have served well for those who wish to get period details correct. We are also trying to capture all old technical data in the various forms and have the correct devices (working) to use the data. Some pictured here along with the fiche viewer (west coast library).

Old 11-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty awesome. I am going to date myself here but, I started at a JRT dealership in 1978 in Phoenix, Arizona.
My dad was the service and parts manager. I used that exact model Fiche Reader in your pics. Anyways, the film I have is Original
Factory Jaguar. I can donate them to the cause if you like. I just need an address to ship them to. I have a lot more of the older film too.
Back when it was BMC. I will have to look for you. PM me if interested, Mark Holden.

Quick Reply: Online Jag Parts Microfiche Available?