Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildcardfox
BTW really nice Jag in your signature.
Meh thanks, its the slowest car I own, actually its the only CAR I own. All the rest are heavily moddifyed trucks/suvs

Old 08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUTAL
Meh thanks, its the slowest car I own, actually its the only CAR I own. All the rest are heavily moddifyed trucks/suvs
yah there's a guy out here who competes in the PSCA (pacific street car association) with a silver one with an R badge... Clean... Lean and mean... That car is just beautiful and that car hauls... I gotta talk to him next time I'm at the races.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So can you atleast tune a STR?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It's really nice to hear that someone is developing products for the Jaguar S Type.

Will your kit use the existing ecu?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Riski
So can you atleast tune a STR?
Are you talking about offering a programmer with a tune to upgrade the stock str?

That's easy. I have one best tuners in the nation on my side- tuning your car is child's play to him compared to what he's used to working on.

Find me a member who is local and that problem can be addressed.

Originally Posted by tianma_jaguar
Welcome to the forum. *It's really nice to hear that someone is developing products for the Jaguar S Type. * *

Will your kit use the existing ecu?
Yes the kit will use the existing ecu that will be reflashed via a programmer. Until you hit 1000 hp there is really no reason to switch to a stand alone. and thank you for the welcome

Last edited by Wildcardfox; 09-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Are you talking about offering a programmer with a tune to upgrade the stock str?

That's easy. I have one best tuners in the nation on my side- tuning your car is child's play to him compared to what he's used to working on.

I'm in Long Beach, that's So Cal for sure! pm me! interested in the tuning, if its so ez!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm curious about how this will turn out. I love my little 3.0, but was surprised to find almost no performance equipment for it.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Yes the kit will use the existing ecu that will be reflashed via a programmer. Until you hit 1000 hp there is really no reason to switch to a stand alone. and thank you for the welcome
1000 hp? I don't think you'll be selling many stand alones. I would be curious to see how the application turns out. Maybe after you get finished you can arrange for an article in one of the tuner mags catering to European cars.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

let me know how the tuning goes, I am in need of a dyno tune!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I have considered this more than a few times with my 96. its got a strong reliable engine and drivetrain. plenty of room on the exhaust side of the straight 6. intercooler in front and around to the drivers side air inlet. I even have a brand new powerlok 3.50 geared diff center section sitting in the garage. no 1 wheel peel there
And the 275/40/18 rear and 255/40/18 fronts from an 01 XKR can handle the power

Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd be interested in a tune as well. I can offer my car for a few days if necessary for fitiment, but I'll have to get the vette back together to use as a daily driver.

I've ran psca in the past and was thinking of running the Fontana even scheduled for this weekend until it was moved. I was going to run the street tire class with the vette.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

You know I'd seriously consider the RIGHT turbo setup for my 3.0.

BUT I'd have to see results, and proven reliability first.

George

Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well???

What happened? Did it work did the test fail. Enquiring minds want to know.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

11 posts, last one end August. Don't hope for too much!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bad idea, ends like all other bad ideas

Thought I would illuminate this thread with the much need light of truth.

First, it was stated earlier that increased power levels in the V6 should be fine since Noble used these engines in their cars...wrong, while Noble did use the Duratec 3.0L Block and heads, the M400 motors were completely rebuilt with all forged internals... not stock Duratecs

Guys over in the Ford Contour Forums (ceg.org) have been turboing the Duratec V6s for years, guess what, if you don't build the bottom end with forged parts, you can kiss those powdered con rods and Hypereutectic pistons good bye!

Turboing a pre-2003 car with the 5r55n transmission is just asking for trouble, those things can't handle stock power levels, let alone an additional 100 horses!

A 2003+ V8 car might be able to handle more power from a conservative turbo setup without the bottem end being built, but who knows, and good luck rebuilding the bottom end of one of these V8s.

I'm sure if you removed the entire blower and water to air intercooler setup from an STR and replaced it with an NA motor's inlet manifold and added a well built turbo setup you could make big power, but you could also make pretty close to the same power levels by getting better intercooler and radiator cores and swapping in a twin rotor setup. Either setup with a really good tune would be awesome...oh but wait its still got to go through an open differential....yay!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,765 Posts

Lets see now-the STR has been out 8+ years with no one able to provide anything close to a programmer let alone any dyno numbers to back it up and now this "magic" tuner will somehow make it all right and it will of course it be child's play.

Look if it was easy it would have done a LONG time ago.

1000HP well that is a nice round number!!
If your going to BS at least BS big!!!
Please come back when you something other than talk!

Old 10-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Lets see now-the STR has been out 8+ years with no one able to provide anything close to a programmer let alone any dyno numbers to back it up and now this "magic" tuner will somehow make it all right and it will of course it be child's play.

Look if it was easy it would have done a LONG time ago.

1000HP well that is a nice round number!!
If your going to BS at least BS big!!!
Please come back when you something other than talk!
I understand your frustration as it seems all "ecu tunes" end up a dead-end, but if you actually want results you're going about it all wrong...

If anyone is in the SoCal area, join this forum: View the profile of wildcardfox in which he was active yesterday. Send him a polite message...I'm very curious if this "best" tuner can hack the TCM and raise the shift points...

edit: I joined the forum, which gains you access to his email and I emailed him respectfully requesting he reply to this thread and/or provide some tuning info.

Last edited by Bacardi 151; 10-02-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

There are PCM tunes done in some countries, aren't there? Maybe Racing Green or Paramount here. avos posted about one or two (Dutch? Italian?). If you can find an editor for the maps, you can reflash using any of the dealer tools such as WDS and also now I reckon Mongoose JLR or any other appropriate J2534 tool.

Is no-one offering ZF TCM tweaks? The 6HP26 is in so many cars!

You'll be wanting an LSD but as I mentioned recently a Quaife has been used by TL Jaguar and there's an article in JWM (Jaguar World Monthly).

Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
There are PCM tunes done in some countries, aren't there? Maybe Racing Green or Paramount here. avos posted about one or two (Dutch? Italian?). If you can find an editor for the maps, you can reflash using any of the dealer tools such as WDS and also now I reckon Mongoose JLR or any other appropriate J2534 tool.

Is no-one offering ZF TCM tweaks? The 6HP26 is in so many cars!

You'll be wanting an LSD but as I mentioned recently a Quaife has been used by TL Jaguar and there's an article in JWM (Jaguar World Monthly).
As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any dyno proven ecu tune...Most companies require you to send in your ecu, they'll tune it and send it back to you...The fear is you pay the big bucks without them looking at anything...They may lean out the maps a little...You could probably do the same thing by adding a resistor on the throttle wire also known as a mapclamp...Point being, zero engineering, no specific tune, perhaps no regards to pulled timing...You could buy a fuel controller and dyno tune it yourself for much less; but the fear is pulled timing...

I have chased several so called zf tuners and no one has dared admitted to being able to tap into the TCM to change shift points...I agree that the diff. would make a big difference off the line, but if someone could hack the TCM shift points for let's say $100, it would be the best bang for the buck completely altering the power curve...

Old 10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

avos isn't likely to be referring to something so crude!! Did you follow it up?

Does the ZF have the same shift points with other cars? If not, and my guess would be not, you'd be asking for an S-Type-specific ZF reflash for $100 which isn't going to happen.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit