Diesel Injector Refurbishment

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Diesel Injector Refurbishment

Hi guys,
I'm just looking for some advice on what to do with my injectors, I need to either replace or refurbish all 4 of mine. What do ye think is the best option?
I like fixing things myself and was thinking of getting new copper seals and nozzles myself and saving some money.
has anyone here ever done a nozzle and seal change and was their much improvement?

Old 09-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Default Anyone?

I guess nobody here ever repaired their own injectors, I shall be the first.

​​​​​im going to change the control valve on all injectors first and see if there's much improvement.

If i change everything in one go then I wont ever know what was the main cause of the injectors slowly dieing.

If the car starts I will do another leak off test to compare.
here is the before picture of the first leak off test before my injectors got really bad and basically made the car underivable.

I will update again in a week or so

Old 09-18-2018, 03:14 PM

Before

Old 09-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Default Update

I took apart all the injectors one at a time and cleaned them all and that didn't fix the problem, but what I did then was I blanked off the EGR valve and booooom she is alive!

So now im able to drive again and i only have to buy a new egr valve which will be around 40/60 euro including delivery.

I was quoted 150 euro to refurbish each injector and then vat was to be added to that so that would have sot roughly 750 euro to get done but I solved my problem for 4 euro for the blanking plate until my new egr for in around 50 euro.

So yeah I just saved about 700 euro guys.

I will change the control valves in a few days and see if that stops the tractor like knock sound in the engine, if not I'll put back in the original control valves and get my injectors recalibrated to the ECU.

Btw my battery did go dead before because the original battery was in it for 11 years so that may have affected the coding.

Also every single part of all my injectors bar the steel seals on top of the were perfect. Absolutely nothing else looked worn.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 PM

Control valves never arrived so i decided to replace the egr valve in the meantime and it has fixed the cars black smoke and judder problem. the engine does seem better but its still a bit rough at idle so i will change the cam sensor next as the original ones are meant to always brake or go faulty. i will try another leak off test now to see if it has made a difference with a new egr valve.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Default Update

A new egr valve didnt change anything with the leak off test so the only other thing I can think of is getting the injectors recoded back into the ecu and see if that helps. Other than that a new control valve might help one of the injectors. Whenever I get get this next step done I will update.