Gabriel Shields

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gabriel Shields

Hi, I've just joined the forum so hello to everybody. In fact I joined out of increasing desperation and dissapointment. 2 months ago I baught a 2014 XF Luxury from a private vendor (don't think I'll do that again). About a week ago I was almost involved in an accident whilst overtaking an artic on the motorway. The car went into restricted performance mode and I couldn't complete the manouver with trafic fast coming up behind. I brought the car to an indie garage last week for diagnostics and was told there are 2 faults: DPF and EGR. He told me he would call me back when he had more info. I also had noticed that the rear of the car was lower on the right and mechanic said it might be a broken coil spring. I decided to investigate this yesterday but find I can't remove what I think is the cap on the locking nut. Also didn't find anthing for removing the actual lock nut in the tool kit. Very dissapointed with this car. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:43 AM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Welcome to the forum Gabriel,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. The usual place to post an Intro is
New Member Area - Intro a MUST but I'll not add to your problems by moving your post.

The DPF is notorious but your mechanic will have to read the DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) to troubleshoot exactly what is happening to cause the RP (Restricted Performance).

If your car has standard Jaguar locking wheel nuts, you are looking for this adaptor to remove them:

Gabriel Shields-locknut.jpg

It should be in the polystyrene tray together with the lifting jack and other wheel changing tools. If it's missing, a Jaguar Dealer can lookup the correct code number for it from your VIN and supply a replacement.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/ to the X250 forum for help, advice and information

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 05-26-2018 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Graham,
Apologies for the misplaced post and thank you very much for the reply.
Kind regards, Gabriel