US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:

Hey guys I'm a new member here you can check out my intro in the New Member area but figured I'd introduce myself here but more info and pics in my other post there. I'm 23 and just picked up a 1976 XJ12L w/ a 350 Sbc conversion done to it! I'm hoping to restore it and keep it mostly original apart from the drivetrain (of course) and the interior I just want to swap to stock Jaguar tan instead of the blue cloth interior I have currently. Just got it a couple days ago so I don't know a whole lot about it yet but I want to learn everything there is to know about this thing haha here are some pics I ran out in the snow to snap a few real quick. Sorry about the quality as they are from my cell phone.

I love that everytime it snows it looks like I have a little chrome Jaguar running through it lol. Anything else you want to know just ask! Btw the Range Rover in the first pic is for sale.

Attached Thumbnails New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag1.jpg   New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag2.jpg   New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag3.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 AM

Attached Thumbnails New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag6.jpg   New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag5.jpg   New here from Richmond, Va.. some snow pics (:-snowjag4.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you, but I can't think of anything better to work on than a Jag. Keep us posted on how it's coming along.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 AM

Thanks we worked on it a couple days ago got an electric fuel pump and just put a gas can in the trunk with a line running from it for now to work on it. Found out the carburetor needs to be rebuilt because it kept dumping out too much fuel so my dad is working on that now and hopefully this weekend I will have it running enough to test the transmission and everything then all I will need is a new tank or a fuel cell until I can afford a proper gas tank so I can start driving it (: i'm pretty excited haha also going to grind away the rust and add some primer to keep it from coming back until I can afford to get the body work done.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:51 PM

Got the carb rebuilt and put on, new mechanical fuel pump got to drive it around a little bit to find I needed a brake caliper on the right front, replaced that, bled the breaks, driver's side brake hose is leaking and that is being replaced as I type this. Drove it enough to know the trans shifts good and the engine runs fantastic just need to get the electric choke fixed so it will stay running when it's cold but once it warms up it runs like a champ! Still running off the plastic gas can for now mounted it better so it won't move around and spill. Will update as more stuff happens but for now that's probably about it until I can afford some rust repair.. I plan on taking it to the local Richmond Cars & Coffee the Saturday after next so if I do make it up there I will be sure to post some pictures and what not.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the details of a C/C in Richmond?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM

They meet every other weekend near Innsbrook.

"Boychiks (Innsbrook): 8 - 10am
4024 *** Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060

Mar. 9th, 23rd
Apr. 6th, 20th"

If you have a facebook you can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/194801907239997/

I believe they are working on a website or forum or something but for now I think they only have the Facebook page. If the weekend is rainy they meet the next weekend but other than that it is every other weekend instead of every weekend.