US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

Southern VA JF BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,842 Likes on 3,159 Posts
Default Southern VA JF BBQ

Y'alll, what do you think of doing a BBQ in the Fredericksburg area the last weekend in July (possibly first part of August)? We would all bring a dish to pass and if there is enough of us, we should be able to eat like kings and queens.

I am seeing how much interest there would be in this. I have a few friends that are from that area that I can possibly get some good intel with unless there is a member that lives in the area that could do this for me. Spend the afternoon cooking up some hotdogs/hamburgers/etc and talking about car and life in general. The idea with this is to get the family involved. They pay enough for those of us that do all these car things. Lets get them involved and show them our thanks for letting you do what you do.

I am wanting to do it a little further south to get our friends from the Norfolk/Newport News area up. But also to give the guys down in NC a chance to attend something too.

Another thing that I will offer is that I can get meat at a pretty good price at the Navy Commissary. I could pick up enough meet for the whole get together. All that I would ask is that everyone chip in a few bucks to cover the cost of the meat.

Hit me up with your thoughts on this and lets make this the biggest get together yet.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thats sounds like a good idea. BTW are you kin to Hugh "Ed" Coleman?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Count me in, minus the family. Might bring the g/f.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bryce804
Count me in, minus the family. Might bring the g/f.
That doesn't sound right.
Does the wife mind that you're bringing the g/f?

Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

ooootis, unfortuantely, no relation to him. I have a brother down in Suffolk, VA and the rest of my family is either in NW Ohio or in Florida.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

gotcha Chris!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

If we could look at second week in August, I would for sure be there-- I'm working in Roanoke til Aug 5 and it would be crazy hard to make it so close to the end of my job.

(thanks for thinking of us Tidewater dwellers!)

Old 06-23-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ed M
That doesn't sound right.
Does the wife mind that you're bringing the g/f?
Lol, good thing im not married!

Hey thermo, if we dont get people from southern va it might be easier to do it in the dmv area.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

bryce, I think once a site is picked and a definitive date is set, we will get a getter idea of what is going on.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
bryce, I think once a site is picked and a definitive date is set, we will get a getter idea of what is going on.
Kk, sorry, I suppose my impatience got the best of me.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Any progress in deciding?

Old 07-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran member

Not yet. work has been pretty busy and just getting back from a holiday. Gotta love those british words. I will be working on this in the near future.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wsup gang.....New member here. I'm in providing it's not raining. Sorry but non of my whips see wet pavement. Just **** about taking care of my nice rides. Will have the Wife and Daughter with me providing they don't have any plans.
Bryce804.....Where you at in Manassas. I used to live in Manassas but moved to Culpeper about 6 years however I still work in Manassas as I've been there for 15 years now.
Frank

Last edited by DJazzMan; 07-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by DJazzMan
Wsup gang.....New member here. I'm in providing it's not raining. Sorry but non of my whips see wet pavement. Just **** about taking care of my nice rides. Will have the Wife and Daughter with me providing they don't have any plans.
Bryce804.....Where you at in Manassas. I used to live in Manassas but moved to Culpeper about 6 years however I still work in Manassas as I've been there for 15 years now.
Frank
I live on old centreville rd, right across the street from the post office. Its about a mile from the yorkshire restraunt. Where do you Work?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey wsup Bryce. I work at US Foods right off of Ballsford Rd or Wellington Rd depending on which way your coming. Do you work in Manassas also?

The following users liked this post:
bryce804 (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by DJazzMan
Hey wsup Bryce. I work at US Foods right off of Ballsford Rd or Wellington Rd depending on which way your coming. Do you work in Manassas also?
I know exactly where that's at, drive by it a couple times a week going to my parents. I work in Tysons Corner for now. Might be getting transferred in the next couple weeks.

Should probably talk in pms and leave this thread to it's original subject though!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Y'alll, what do you think of doing a BBQ in the Fredericksburg area the last weekend in July (possibly first part of August)? We would all bring a dish to pass and if there is enough of us, we should be able to eat like kings and queens.

I am seeing how much interest there would be in this. I have a few friends that are from that area that I can possibly get some good intel with unless there is a member that lives in the area that could do this for me. Spend the afternoon cooking up some hotdogs/hamburgers/etc and talking about car and life in general. The idea with this is to get the family involved. They pay enough for those of us that do all these car things. Lets get them involved and show them our thanks for letting you do what you do.

I am wanting to do it a little further south to get our friends from the Norfolk/Newport News area up. But also to give the guys down in NC a chance to attend something too.
This would be wonderful. I am close to the Tidewater area and getting to meet some fellow big cat owners would be a Godsend. Any more details on when this might happen?

Another thing that I will offer is that I can get meat at a pretty good price at the Navy Commissary. I could pick up enough meet for the whole get together. All that I would ask is that everyone chip in a few bucks to cover the cost of the meat.
The commissary is okay as far as prices, but the cuts can leave something to be desired. If you are looking for decent prices along with fantastic quality, I highly recommend http://www.centralmeats.com/. Lots of good cuts, good sausages (the andouille and boudin blanc will make you swear you're in Cajun Country), pre cut selections and the like.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wasp69
This would be wonderful. I am close to the Tidewater area and getting to meet some fellow big cat owners would be a Godsend. Any more details on when this might happen?

The commissary is okay as far as prices, but the cuts can leave something to be desired. If you are looking for decent prices along with fantastic quality, I highly recommend http://www.centralmeats.com/. Lots of good cuts, good sausages (the andouille and boudin blanc will make you swear you're in Cajun Country), pre cut selections and the like.
@Thermo
I was also starting to wonder if any more plans had been made, my internship has ended and I get to go home tomorrow!

@Wasp69
Central Meats is pretty awesome, you can even get a pig roast. Where abouts around the Tidewater are you?

PS Welcome to the board!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoKittyGo
@Thermo
@Wasp69
Central Meats is pretty awesome, you can even get a pig roast. Where abouts around the Tidewater are you?

PS Welcome to the board!
Thanks, and check your inbox.

The following users liked this post:
GoKittyGo (08-01-2012)