US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

Northwest Roll call - Add your details here >>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

New to forum but I have had my 2017 Ftype R AWD since summer of 2018. I bought my wife's XF for about 2 years ago and she loves her car still. Always up for a cruise or get together. I am in a number of clubs and groups here in the NW so if you see me around say hi!

Old 03-06-2019, 01:07 PM
Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Wentland
Hi all,
New to forum but I have had my 2017 Ftype R AWD since summer of 2018. I bought my wife's XF for about 2 years ago and she loves her car still. Always up for a cruise or get together. I am in a number of clubs and groups here in the NW so if you see me around say hi!
Hi Chad! We are friends on FB-
My wife and I are going to JOTI in Victoria in July (26th-28th), and are considering hitting the Vancouver All British Field Meet on May 18th.
There are many Cars & Coffee gatherings come springtime, and Exotics and Redmond Town Center too.
I look forward to getting together sometime soon!

Jay Dinnison

Old 03-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Wentland
Hi all,

Welcome. We are just starting to shake the winter off our tires and get rolling here. No drives planned yet, but stay tuned to the regional section because they'll start popping up soon. I'll also try and alert anyone to drives via the Facebook group as they arise. I'm going to be pretty swamped with work for the next month or so, so if anyone wants to organize a drive feel free to jump in there or let me know and I can help get the word out.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by Tork Monster
Hi Chad! We are friends on FB-
My wife and I are going to JOTI in Victoria in July (26th-28th), and are considering hitting the Vancouver All British Field Meet on May 18th.
There are many Cars & Coffee gatherings come springtime, and Exotics and Redmond Town Center too.
I look forward to getting together sometime soon!

Jay Dinnison
Hello Jay:
I am glad to hear that you'll be at Jaguars-on-the-Island in July. I'll see you there (and it would be great to meet others from this list - how about a convoy from the Seattle area?) Info on this is at www.jaguarcarclub.ca .

The following users liked this post:
XJDanny (05-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
how about a convoy from the Seattle area?
Great idea!!

Old 03-26-2019, 03:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New Owner - would love to be added to NW Roll Call

Hi Everyone - I am a new owner and new to the Forum. I would love to be added to the Roll Call list, thanks!

jeffu
2010 XKR Conv - black on black 27k mi

CleverName (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffu
Hi Everyone - I am a new owner and new to the Forum. I would love to be added to the Roll Call list, thanks!

jeffu
2010 XKR Conv - black on black 27k mi
Awesome jeffu! Welcome!
ID members are somewhat limited, but we do have a few there! Lets hope we see you folks do a cars and coffee in town this summer!

Vince

Old 03-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am kind of accustom to being a "few and far between" member...ha,ha. It was the same thing for my '81 DeLorean. Thanks again!

vintageyz (08-11-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18. '98 Mike---Park City, Utah

Old 03-29-2019, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Mike98! Welcome!

Learned to Ski in your turf while stationed in the AF! Washington slopes cant even compare!

Vince

P.S. Don't forget to put your year and model in the signature section of your profile!

Mike98 (03-30-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Vince, are there an plans volunteers to get the Cats in a drive during the nice weather?

Jeff

Old 05-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member

I'd really love to, but my mom passed yesterday and I'm gonna be kinda busy with life for the next week or so.

Muddydog and I talked about the summer, a weekend back or so.
  • North Cascades is open. An in-and-out drive would be great with this weather if someone wanted to put it together.
  • Even a cars and coffee meet somewhere would be nice to meet newcomers and see old friends. More drives could be discussed at one?
  • I know one drive I always do (yet is not well attended) is driving up to Chinook pass the first weekend it opens. (they target Memorial Day, but it has opened sooner in the past).
  • Swimref introduced us to a nice relaxing drive to La Conner last year, and it was popular enough to hopefully repeat this year.
  • Another run was Mt Baker (Artist Point) which has had a great turnout the times we have gone.
  • We never have made it to the Peace Park, even though we talk about it yearly.

I'm tickled to hear more conversation from us NW forum members and urge something to happen very soon. Unfortunately, my hands are tied at the moment to join in anything but discussion here.... (sorry)

Peace!
Vince

Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

Vince,

I’m sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard that is and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Regarding drives, or at least planning one, I like the idea of getting together for some coffee to discuss it. I’d be for something like that.

Jaguars on the Island in Victoria - I’m going this year and will be leaving Snohomish Friday morning. A Jaguar caravan would be awesome! This car show is the biggest Jaguar car show in North America and I went one year. It is a great show! And Victoria is such a nice place to visit.

Danny

The following 2 users liked this post by XJDanny:
boringb5 (05-10-2019), CleverName (05-11-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Received 156 Likes on 85 Posts

Vince-
My condolences on your mother. Very sorry to hear this news. I look forward to seeing you again when possible.

My wife and I are also heading up to Jaguars On The Island in Victoria BC, in July. We attended last year and look forward to seeing the people and cars this year as well. We already have the blackball ferry booked from Port Angeles, so I'm not sure if we can join the trip with you, Danny, but I look forward to seeing you there!
Link to the event: https://www.jcna.com/events/jaguars-...i-27-july-2019

The All-British Field Meet in Vancouver is only a bit over a week away- We will be arriving there May 17th. Looks to be a fun event, and continues on Sunday the 19th with a run up to Whistler, BC, for another show! We will be attending both and staying an extra day in Whistler for sightseeing.
Link to the event: 2019 Vancouver All-British Show & Whistler Run Information | Western Driver

The following 2 users liked this post by Tork Monster:
CleverName (05-11-2019), XJDanny (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you ever have a rally on the East side?? I'd love to participate.
DickC
89 XJS coupe

Old 05-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XJDanny
Vince,

I’m sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard that is and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Regarding drives, or at least planning one, I like the idea of getting together for some coffee to discuss it. I’d be for something like that.

Jaguars on the Island in Victoria - I’m going this year and will be leaving Snohomish Friday morning. A Jaguar caravan would be awesome! This car show is the biggest Jaguar car show in North America and I went one year. It is a great show! And Victoria is such a nice place to visit.

Danny
I really like the idea of a meet. I just finished my manual transmission swap on my 02 X-type. I believe I’m the first to accomplish this using factory parts and not a standalone computer. I still have some small bugs to work out so doing a drive would make me a bit nervous.

The following 2 users liked this post by boringb5:
CleverName (05-11-2019), Tork Monster (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Veteran Member

So how do you want to do this? Obviously the Seattle side, or Tacoma maybe. Has to have enough room for 5 to 10 cars to park side by side safely (more is always better, but that's being too hopeful this early).
Anyone know a good restaurant with parking space?

I'm assuming that this weekend is out because of short notice, and, well..... Mothers Day. (Make it special for any 'Moms' in your life, cause the world doesn't come with promises that you will celebrate it next year.)

This weekend is sweet weather, so maybe a few of you can meet? Next weekend may be a bit wet looking at long range forecasts, but hey, I tend to overly freak out about weather. Muddy or Swimref need to hit me with a golf club once in a while to settle me down.

Vince

Old 05-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 264 Likes on 145 Posts

This weekend isn’t good for me but next weekend or the following should work.

There’s a Starbucks in South Seattle that has a large parking lot. It’s at 4115 4th Ave. S. Is 10:00 or 10:30 a good time for a Saturday or Sunday for a cars and coffee meet? Next weekend does look wet so the weekend of the 25th or 26th might have a bigger turnout.

Danny

Old 05-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just google mapped that and that may work or there is the a Starbucks at the Fred Meyers in Puyallup. So there would definitely be enough parking. Located at 303 River Rd, Puyallup, WA 98371 Here is a sat view.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Danny I would be up for coffee and a discussion on an opportunity to get some NW Cats together. Let me know your thoughts.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Northwest Roll call - Add your details here >>>