US Northwest Washington/Oregon/Idaho & SW Canadians

WooHoo! we have a place of our very own!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts
Default WooHoo! we have a place of our very own!

Our Moderators have gone above and beyond the call of duty and given those of us in the Northwest a small slice of our own heaven to talk cars, events-n-such.

So.... All you folks in Oregon Washington, Idaho, and yes even you wonderful Canadians just over the Washington border now have a way to stay in touch with Jag enthusiasts much closer to where you live!
Lets talk, plan, meet and enjoy our favorite cars and topics!

Guess i get to start! Who here is planning on attending the grand Opening of the LeMay museum in Tacoma on June 2nd?

Vince

Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

Lol.....Ok Vince, you now have your very own regional section that hopefully suits you better.

Now you better drive some member traffic towards it, cos if it stays this quiet I may just have to remove it.......lol

Good luck....

Old 04-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

(Sniff) Not feelin' the love from my fellow Pacific North-westerners so far....

I know we have several XK/XKR owners from the area on the forum, but certainly thought with all the other models as well as the Seattle Jag Club tossed into the mix it would be a well received addition.

I would agree that if it stays dead, there is certainly no reason to maintain it...

Maybe give it a month?

V

Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you sure it's not the first stage on the way OUT?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Hey there! I wish you luck with this section. The Canadian one is awfully quiet, not sure why. Washington has some great roads and places to go.
Where is the Lemay museum?

Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by avt007
Hey there! I wish you luck with this section. The Canadian one is awfully quiet, not sure why. Washington has some great roads and places to go.
Where is the Lemay museum?
The LeMay museum is just off Interstate 5 in Tacoma Washington.

As an FYI, the LeMay family owns the largest private automobile collection in the USA,and possibly the world (Listed in the Guinness world book of records if you trust Wikipedia). In the past, they would open up access for one day a year to walk through endless building after building of this amazing collection. Now they are finally putting the finishing touch on a full scale museum (Click here).

I have another thread started, to talk about some roads to experience this summer.
Drivers in the Pacific Northwest....
North Cascades Highway was one suggested that I would like to see happen.

Vince

Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

I'd love to join other local Jag owners for one-day or weekend drives. The various Cascade Loops are always good, along with Chuckanut Drive, Mt. Rainier, Olympic Peninsula, up into B.C., and many more. I'm in Everett.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

Originally Posted by CleverName
(Sniff) Not feelin' the love from my fellow Pacific North-westerners so far....
I would agree that if it stays dead, there is certainly no reason to maintain it...
Maybe give it a month?
V
Vince, I'm just messin with you buddy...........you're doin a great job tryin to get the guys to adopt this section, so all's well.

Perhaps a brief search through the closest regional sections that you feel included the Northwest and send a few pm's asking the guys to jump in?
I'm sure it'll pick up in time..........

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Swimref
I'd love to join other local Jag owners for one-day or weekend drives. The various Cascade Loops are always good, along with Chuckanut Drive, Mt. Rainier, Olympic Peninsula, up into B.C., and many more. I'm in Everett.
Outstanding,

I hope we collect a few others get a push ahead with a chance to meet up for a drive!
I'm on the Kitsap side.

V

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Vince, I'm just messin with you buddy...........
Whew! Thanks boss!

V

Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 30

Lol Vince.......as Richard says, all sections take time to develop and gain momentum, this will be no different.

As you're the champion of this section and if you wanted to, you could always look up members from neighbouring regions who should probably be posting into the Northwest section and drop them a pm / email inviting them to join you here?

Some may be deeply entrenched in the neghbouring regions and happy to stay where they are, but if you don't ask you'll never know

Old 05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I'm in! It's rough going up here for us Jag owners!! And not alot of independant mechanics or shops to touch our vehicals when needed. I'm a DIYer, so parts and experienced suggestions are my big inquiries. The is a lot here in Lynden off of the Guide, Choice Cars and Trucks-Bruce the owner is an awsome guy with lots of Jag experience and knowledge. He's been the most help so far. His cars are well checked out and go to a personal mechanic before he sells. Good stuff on his lot, and very reasonable priced. Not alot of Jags up here in the North end of the state, but looking for my fellow croonies!! Lets keep this up and going.

Steven

Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kryarwolf11
Yea, I'm in! Lets keep this up and going.
Steven
Welcome,

I'm anxious to see how our number grow here... We will need to work on a "meet and greet", and at least one road trip this summer!

Vince

Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

OK, I'll bite. What's a "croonie?" Is it something I would want to be? I drove my new Jag through Lynden a few months ago on a Sunday drive up there and into BC. Man, was customs ever a pain!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Swimref
OK, I'll bite. What's a "croonie?"
I didn't want to ask either....
Oddly I've heard it a few places when talking Jags, and since the other stereo type is Jaguar is an "old mans car" I assumed it to be just that... "Old man"?

I'm in my 50's, so despite not liking the title of "old", I guess I fit....

Vince

Old 06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey guys (and gals) just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm from Boise, 25, and have a '73 series 1 xj6. Hoping to find some more local jag owners on here, but would love to travel into Oregon or Washington for some events.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

The Northwest Forum is a tad slow getting started, so new folk stopping by is always a pleasure!

With summer days rapidly approaching, I hope to see a few more at gatherings out here.
Got to meet a few owners at the Grand opening of the LeMay Automobile Museum today...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7226/7...61125a63_o.jpg

What a great place to visit!

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 07-31-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Delete attachment
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Heh -- I didn't even realize we'd had a NW forum added until this morning. Was going to see how many here were planning on showing up to Jag Day for E@RTC this weekend. I need to get another wash and polish in before Saturday and the clouds out there today are being awfully ominous.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 28

Good question Rahtok...............why not start a thread of its own with a relevant title in this section?

Asking the question that way may get better answers, be more visible and if you guys keep it "live" and within the new posts area it may help to drive traffic to both the thread and this section.....

Old 07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wink Washington Jaguar Owner!

Hi everyone!

I'm from Tacoma, WA and I just like to thank this forum for...just being here and exsisting! I've been able to do so much DIY work on my Jaguar thanks to all the how-to and step-by-step guides you folks post up on here! So...THANK YOU ALL!

I thouight I'd share a few shops I know who can help with the Jaguar problems that you can't do yourself. There arn't many shops here specializing in Jaguars here in the PNW so these can come in handy sometimes.

1.) European Motors | The Leading Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, VW and Land Rover Repair & Service Center in the Northwest

5911 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
Phone: 253-582-3606

2.) European Auto Clinic

32610 Pacific Hwy S Ste B5, Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: 253-874-3870

I will post more places if I ever have something done somewhere else!

Once again...THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

The following 2 users liked this post by FaithInChrist:
CleverName (07-08-2012), JimC64 (07-07-2012)

Quick Reply: WooHoo! we have a place of our very own!