US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Imperial Palace Auto Collection Jaguars

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Imperial Palace Auto Collection Jaguars

I had a business trip to Las Vegas this week and stopped by the Imperial Palace to see the auto collection since it had been a while since I was there. It is also now affiliated with the Blackhawk Collection. I like looking at cars, so it was a couple hours well spent.

There were several Jags on display and a couple for sale, including a 7100 mile E-Type. Of the cars on display, there were two cars that ran at Le Mans (1962 Coupe and 1963 E-Type Lightweight) a lightweight replica, a D-Type, a C-type and a XJ220. If you are in to old Jaguars like I am, it was a treat!

If you find yourself in Vegas, consider the collection. There are usually free admission coupons in the coupons books you find all over. Here is a link for a look at some of the cars on display. http://autocollections.com/index.cfm...&tab=ondisplay

Jerry

Old 05-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a car museum in Reno?

LeMays in Puyallup Washington has over 3000 cars & trucks on grounds in two locations. They use to open the grounds up to the public in August for a weekend. You name it and it's there! I've never seen so many antique cars and trucks in one spot. It's worth taking a day to look around.

If they still open the grounds up maybe we can get some of the other Jag pilots here in OreGone to cruise up there for the day???

Last edited by GreenJewel; 05-08-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The National Auto Museum which is based on 175 cars from the former Harrah's collection is in downtown Reno. I have not been, but have heard from those that have that it is well worth a visit.

Le May is open year round and I am not sure how soon they are moving to their new museum in downtown Tacoma. Their website says their car show is the last weekend in August. http://www.lemaymuseum.org/ I am up for a trip, the hard part is finding a free weekend between now and October.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldirish
The National Auto Museum which is based on 175 cars from the former Harrah's collection is in downtown Reno. I have not been, but have heard from those that have that it is well worth a visit.

Le May is open year round and I am not sure how soon they are moving to their new museum in downtown Tacoma. Their website says their car show is the last weekend in August. http://www.lemaymuseum.org/ I am up for a trip, the hard part is finding a free weekend between now and October.
I've got a week off at the end of July and one at the end of August. The wife and I are going to Reno for a couple of nights during one of those weeks. I'm going to go to see those cars (and play some craps ).

As for LeMay's they have changed things. When I went you were allowed to roam the whole grounds at the ex-military school then you rode a double decker bus over to another section that had twice as many cars/trucks/motorcycles as the school grounds had. There were over 3500. One building had nothing but Model T's, another building was all Cords and on and on.