Sponsored by:

A\C problem (yes agine)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy WE ALL need a solution for A\C issues

let's try to Solve them all

alot of x-type owners have these problems & till now there is no Solution:-
1- passenger side vents blows coler air than driver side .
2-the ac blows cold air for 15 min after that it turns hot.
3-a\c get cold only on high speed.
4-& thats the problem that i am having now the a\c works just fine all the time but at noon it turns hot for a few min after that its become cold agine.
btw i already changed the a\c compressor & befor i change it i had probelm # 3

& be for that i diden't have any issues with my a/c.

i think that People here gave the solution for #1 only (no offense )for the guys who tried to help, after all i guess this is the main reason we joined this forum so we can help each other

Last edited by MeeMo; 07-20-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As crazy as this may sound, but my A/C never worked correctly from the day I bought my car til the day I let her go. Same exact symptoms as you're describing above. I had an 02 model. Goes to show Jag apparently never got around to fixing it either.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had similar problems, and I'm assuming that you have checked the condensor fan too and that you have no leaks and the proper amount of coolant. So here is what I've found... the pressure sensor (transducer) is malfunctioning! Evac the system first and replace with fresh 134a/oil and see if it corrects the problem. If not then replace the sensor... well that fixed my problem.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default One possible solution

The last summer I owned my 06 X-Type 3.0, it's A/C started doing stuff like this. It was under warranty, so I took it to the dealer. They went through the whole system, and discovered that the inducer fan (the thing in the dash that usually hums when the car's turned off) had died. Basically the cabin air sensors in the dash couldn't tell what the temperature in the car was, because this lttle fan wasn't moving any air past them. The dealer fixed it, and, I had no more problems. Hope this helps.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 07-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldengineer
The last summer I owned my 06 X-Type 3.0, it's A/C started doing stuff like this. It was under warranty, so I took it to the dealer. They went through the whole system, and discovered that the inducer fan (the thing in the dash that usually hums when the car's turned off) had died. Basically the cabin air sensors in the dash couldn't tell what the temperature in the car was, because this lttle fan wasn't moving any air past them. The dealer fixed it, and, I had no more problems. Hope this helps.

Regards:
Oldengineer
let me ask you where can i find this inducer fan & is it easy ti fix
i am not going 2 to the dealer couse they will rip me off
please help?!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The inducer fan hides inside the dash. It draws air through that tiny grill next to the steering wheel. The dealer had the car all day when they fixed mine, so I suspect they had to remove part of the dash to get to it. Get a piece of tubing, stick one end in your ear, and hold the other end up to the little grill. You should be able to hear the fan if its running. On the 03 Model I had the thing hummed so loud that there was no doubt it was working.

Regards:
Oldengineer