X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 X-Type

I have been looking at the new and upcoming X-Type for some time and wish mine looked like this.

The only thing that sucks is we here in the U.S. will not be able to get our hands on this model. I have been thinking of doing a converson on my X to look like the new 2009 model. From what I see, it looks like Jaguar only changed the bumpers, hood, and trunk. Also I decided to reupohlster my interior to a black leather and olive suede combo like the Lamborghini Reventon, here is the picture of the interior.

Name:  Lamborghini_Reventon_seats-mini.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  6.7 KB

I am going to keep my stock seats ofcourse (racing seats would look funny in a x-type), I just plan on reupohlstering them along with every thing else. I guess whatI wan't isto know what my fellow Jaguar enthusiast think of this...

Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 09 X-Type

hey **** there is no certain word about that yet its just a rumor for now.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actual it's not a rumor, they aren't bringing them here to sell period or at least for the masses...Talked to the guys at the jag dealer and not to mention there wasn't even a sign of the x-type at the autoshow. I am sad for this!

Anyways wangan the newer x is nice but I'd have to see one in person to say for sure. I loved the xf in videos and watching all that the interior does but after seeing the xf in person I really wasn't too impressed. My brother was like that is a jag??? He thought it looked like many of the other sedans out already minus the rear which looks aston martinish and the front end was a little bit different. I'd rather have the xk front end though! Which reminds me I don't remember seeing aston martin at the north american international autoshow???

Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 AM

I thought the same thing about the rear end of the XF. To be honest, I think the XF is a joke! I don't like it at all. But from what I see of the new X-Type, I definitly want to import the bumpers, hood, and trunk lid to put on my x-type. Well as of march 2008 good bye X-type and S-type.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

09 X is more improved one but I like chrome instead of mesh.Alcantara is a great stuff I am having my headliner covered with alcantara as well

Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That interior looks really nice. Alacantra buckets...but I don't know about them being in a more luxury oriented x-type. If it was like an X-Type R or something then maybe.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:37 PM

That interior looks really nice. Alacantra buckets...but I don't know about them being in a more luxury oriented x-type. If it was like an X-Type R or something then maybe.
I am going to keep my stock seats, I just wan't to reupholster them to look like the reventon. I just hope I can get my hands on some of that Alcantara fabrick.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 PM

Hey caddie is that really your picture there? Well I read an article its not 100 percent sure if its not gonna import it here in the US.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 PM

If you stop and think about it, it would really be a good move for Jag to continue the X-type in '09. Since the XF is hardy "entry level" luxury class and with more and more manufacturers hopping on that bandwagon, the timing couldn't be better for a little facelift and re-introduction of the X. BMW is getting alot of attention with the 1-series which falls into that entry level catagory and Benz is pushing the C-class really hard as well. I think the most ironic part is that it's the X that has the reputation is being "unreliable and troublesome" and suffers in sales when in reality the whole MB line has truly earned that reputation instead yet the C-class marches on while the X gets cut. One can only wonder...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:57 AM

Nah it's for sure.A little while after Jaguar gave it's preview of the new X, Jaguar Released a statement saying do to the lack of sales of the X and S-Type that as of March 2008 the x and s-type will be pulled out of the U.S. market.Jaguar ishoping that the new XF will make up for the x and s-type's lack ofsales.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM

i hope the xf has great success. I want to own another jaguar down the road, and the xf needs to save this company. I dont know if tata will put enough money into jag to bring back an entry range for quite a while. They are all focussed on the XJ redesign, and we probably wont even hear about a new entry model until 2011 (i think the new xj will be released in 2010ish)

The jaguar dealer by me sent me an invite for their "XF screening" last thursday, i dont know if any of your dealers had it, but when i saw it in person, in a dark color with optional 20" wheels (the grey and little bitch blue models they are parading around at shows do the car NO justice) i was awestruck at the cars presence. It was low, long, and wide. nice (jaguar like) curves on the hood and unlike any of the german cars in the parking lots that look a dime a dozen, the XF actually has presence, it really draws your eye.

I know it doesnt look like a traditional jag, but traditional jags arent selling. sometimes change is good.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM

I dont see how it can do better then the x. a few years ago they said that the X gave them like 50% sales increase I know its mostly because its lower entry price. Im almost gald ford isnt in control anymore because they have a history of scraping decent cars. Instead of making improvements they carry on year after year, and then wonder why no ones buying. I mean 7 years in production was long enough time to cut cost and have better quality. In a age where you can have 260+hp and a basic family sedan there's no reason why they couldnt have bumped the power up abit. whats worse they wait until they come out with the 3.5 260hp+ motor to scrap the jag. that motor should have been in a jag years ago. Needless to say i love the jag it makes 3's and look like fleet cars. they probably should have added an entry level coupe too. I cant remember looking at a car thinking that it looks sexy from every angle. but stupid thing like non matching wood for the dash and shifter cheapend the interior which is where the jag needed a lil improvement.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I hate to burst the bubble of anyone who is waiting for the 09 X-Type to come, but they stopped building them already. The last X-Type rolled off the line last month.

As CougarBlack said, the X did increase sales by 50%. But about 90% of those that bought them new were so disgusted with them that they will not buy another Jag. Not to mention all the problems they had with them drove up the warranty costs so much that it was not cost effective for the X-Type to be continued. You stated that 7 years is enough to bring production costs down. That would be true if it was a Toyota where the manufacturer margins are far greater. The warranty costs alone on the X made it so the production costs actually went up rather than the other way.
The XF is a great looking car. It drives friggin awesome and once Tata gets into the game the lease rates should be good enough that people that were able to get into an X-Type new will be paying about the same for the base XF.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:34 PM

I don't know, The new XF to me looks like they cut the rear end off a Austin Martin and taped it to the back of it. The front is okay with me I guess, However a 4.2 supercharged V8! I like!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 AM

Well, another Jag bites the dust. Ford could have saved this company if it didn't stick it on the back burner for so long then forget about it.[:@] Other then a few basic redesignes nothing has changed. When you ask most people what they think about a Jag people say one thing "PROBLEMS". For the most part this is true, ford sank a lot of customers with sh@tty engineering, a person should not have to replace a transfer case before 50k miles nor should they have to replace an engine, my dash vents should not be popping up like old stickers, and there should be ZERO squeaks and rattles. MB has done its damage control by at least showing the image that they want the car to be reliable and overall improved from generation to generation. All ford did was beat a dead horse and then let it sit out in the sun for days and wondered why no one wanted it?

Jaguar needs to not only win people back with dramatically styled cars but with there reliability and engineering. Sure you can add a fancy push button started like on the xf and some ambient lightening but the motor is still basically the same, the new xk has the same 4.2, the xj has the same 4.2, they all need to be upgraded.

Jaguar, I hope you are listening because if you aren't then your company will go by the way side with Plymouth, amc, and most recent Oldsmobile.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

[:-]
perish the thought

Old 01-29-2008, 04:41 PM

amen brother!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The sales on the x-type may have been high and accounted for 50% of their sales but I've heard stories where the cars were selling for thousands below sticker. Think of it this way.
10 cars sell for their sticker at 20k=200,000
20 cars sell for 4k less than the 20k=160,000.

You may sell twice as many cars but look at the price difference and that is also only a 4k difference. I've heard the cars going in the upper 20k's for the lower model! I'd imagine it would be easier if the company made the car here instead of shipping it over here it may cut a few costs but than again importing stuff gets better breaks than making it here otherwise jobs wouldn't be leaving for other countries.

As somekidz said about the xf when they parade that light blue xf around that car is absolutely DISGUSTING!!! I hated it! I don't understand why ford would do that? Perhaps they were trying to screw one more thing up before they hand tata the keys! But really I don't get why they didn't bring the hardware to the show to show off their hardware and instead show it off at the local dealer...it makes no sense???[sm=dontgetit.gif]

The car that got all of the glory at the jaguar exhibit were the xkR's they had there showing off not the xf which is the brand new car! Jag should have been repping a black supercharged xf with some dubs! Heck for the show I think the rims of choice were the crappiest probably 17's...I don't get it they look like every other cars rims, at a car show they never should be showing off the lowest stuff instead of the nice stuff!

Shoot even this one would have been sweet instead of the one below...

Come on guys honestly that is the car they debuted at the autoshow. To me the NAIAS is a huge show and that is what jag showed off??[:@] man I'm getting more frustrated about it as I'm typing...mainly because I was so psyched to see the jag display and really nothing else...

Old 01-29-2008, 10:45 PM

Well, one possible plus to this whole ordeal (at least for buyers) is that the nice used S-Types on the market may drop in price a little with the debut of the XF. Definitely good news for aquill.

Quick Reply: 09 X-Type