X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 X-Type - Resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 X-Type - Resurrection

Welcome everybody as I have made a post in the "New Member Area" (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=41776)it was time to start a thread in the proper section, a build thread in some sort.

Before I go further :
Please understand this vehicle is my own and I would like to do things to it to my own taste. I do want to hear your honest opinions but please do not get offended if I disregard them and still follow my heart. That said, please understand I did not buy this "Jaguar" to butcher it, I do find a "Jaguar" brand a very stylish, classy, and respected brand so I will not try to change that.
As I like the look of Arden kits and few other Jaguar tuning companies I want to make something unique and my own...

So here it is my project, unfortunately I get to work on it only when I have time so don't worry if I don't update you guys right away.... I didn't scrap it, I'm just busy with other things.

The way I saw it from an Insurance auction:
Name:  12902860_1X.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  12902860_4X.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  67.8 KB
Name:  12902860_9X.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  12902860_5X.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  56.3 KB
Finally Arrived took the pictures after I started to take it apart... The picture don't show the whole damage, but in short there is front frame damage, which needs to be fixed, Radiator Support needs to be fixed....and quite a few things actually but I'll get to it later on in:
Name:  IMG00001.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  146.4 KB
Name:  IMG00002.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  147.7 KB

My first challenge was to tackle the bumper that was in pieces, I wanted to put it together because I didn't want to buy a new one and start cutting it to make it a bit custom/tastefully different.

Name:  IMG00103.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  100.4 KB

so I drilled holes around the cracks, zipped tied it together to get the shape, plastic weld it, to make the crack stronger I put JB weld on the inside...

Name:  IMG00102.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  133.5 KB

I know you guys might think I'm cheap and that I don't want to spend money on stuff, but money is not the issue here... I want to redo the bumper to still have the stock, sleek look but at the same time be a bit different. Its hard to explain what I want to do, but in my head I know it will look good.

And Today, I finally first day after 3 months, Thanks to this forum and all the information here.... she finally started :

Name:  IMG00297.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  85.7 KB

Thank You.... Jaguarforums.com

After some soul searching and losing my mind, she is running.... I can't describe how happy I am , although its a long way ahead of me, she sounds beautiful.

Last edited by Dan Bro; 09-08-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Welcome, well first off congrats on getting it started. Are you eventually going to get a new bumper? maybe arden or stock with the sport lip? any other plans?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Welcome, well first off congrats on getting it started. Are you eventually going to get a new bumper? maybe arden or stock with the sport lip? any other plans?
To be honest, it all depends on how this one turns out.... I want to add a lip to it (make my own lip) and on the sides make side vents just as the Mercedes AMG has on their front bumpers... if it looks good, then I'll keep it, if it will end up looking bad I will get a new bumper with an arden lip.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i was looking at a lightly damaged x type too, but didnt end up grabbing it because i have no room for another car... i wanted it to just fix cheap and blast it with flat black and use as a winter beater. other problem is i think that the cost of small parts adds up quickly to the price of one without damage....depending on requirements of course.

gl with the project and i hope she works out great for u.
once you get a part list and prices together i would be interested in knowing, these jags are great in the snow and good on gas, i would really like to get rid of my truck.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

email me at srybicki at comcast.net i have a cheap drivers side bag for you.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by SEBZX79
email me at srybicki at comcast.net i have a cheap drivers side bag for you.

Thank you for the offer but to be honest I'll be looking to buy another X-type for parts, to put this one together. It turns out to be cheaper then buying everything separately.
I almost bought one last night but it went for too much $$$ it was not worth the money cause it was burned, and all I wanted from it was the wheels, fender and hood... ohhh well, next one will come by soon.... I'm not in a rush, thanks again.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Bro
Thank you for the offer but to be honest I'll be looking to buy another X-type for parts, to put this one together. It turns out to be cheaper then buying everything separately.
I almost bought one last night but it went for too much $$$ it was not worth the money cause it was burned, and all I wanted from it was the wheels, fender and hood... ohhh well, next one will come by soon.... I'm not in a rush, thanks again.
Was the burned one silver with front and rear good that did not have a grill? Are you a dealer? if not let me know as I am and can get you one for a small fee.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by SEBZX79
Was the burned one silver with front and rear good that did not have a grill? Are you a dealer? if not let me know as I am and can get you one for a small fee.
No, it was blue with gray/almost white interior it was a 2003, my cousin has a body shop and a dealer license so I buy everything on his account. It was going in London, Ontario. I'm in Canada.