X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 (53) X Type Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 (53) X Type Bluetooth

Hi is it possible to retro fit a bluetooth module to a 2003 (53) X Type Jaguar 2.0d, according to what I have read, certain VIN numbers D31148 onwards I've have already been prewired for bluetooth and it was an option during manufacture wether you wanted it fitted.

VIN numbers from E373149-E46479 are not pre-wired so can't so I have been led to believe, can not be retro fitted.

The Part number was originally C2N 3689 but this has been superseeded a couple of time and is now C2S 49706, presently £128.47 + VAT from Jaguar dealership, if Jaguars have been prewired is it a straight forward job to fit the module, likewise if it has not been prewired can the wiring be purchased and easily fitted?

Thanks

Old 05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes, it's possible. my car falls into the "no pre-wire" category, but in the meantime i've figured it out. I've made a post on the UK forum which explains it in detail.

All that's missing is the wiring loom from under the back seat to the boot, (the one that connects to the PSE) if you can find the loom from a wrecker, the one i got was 4X43-19A442 (phone only). You'll need to re-arrange the pin-out connections to the 2007 specification. If you have the wiring diagrams from the 2003 & 2007 models, you'll be able to spot the difference, or it's also shown in my UK post.

Then you need to add the PSE phone module in the boot, p/n 2W93-19K350-AC or AD. The older versions of PSE with the Simcard slot, p/n 1X43-10D893-AC, AD or AE don't work with Bluetooth. Connect up the loom.

The bluetooth module p/n C2S 49706 as you mentioned goes in the center console, connected to the loom which you've had to add & re-pin.

The loom for the mic is there in the roof, you'll find it if you pull on the loom that has the power connections to the lights in the roof console, it's only 2-wires with a connector, but it'll be stuck down with some glue under a piece of foam. You have to add the mic into the roof (I found mine on fleabay).

And that's about it...unless you don't have Satnav, then you'll need to go to a dealer and have the phone module activated.

The deletion of pre-wire just means that the loom from under the back seat to the boot is missing. You'll find there are 3x basic versions out there. Phone, Phone+Voice & Voice only. If you can find one of these looms just make sure the connector that goes up to the center console has 8x pins in it. Early GSM only looms had 5x pins, which won't work with Bluetooth.

Don't want to link to the UK forum here, but if you make a search with "prewire" you'll find it.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo351
Yes, it's possible. my car falls into the "no pre-wire" category, but in the meantime i've figured it out. I've made a post on the UK forum which explains it in detail.

All that's missing is the wiring loom from under the back seat to the boot, (the one that connects to the PSE) if you can find the loom from a wrecker, the one i got was 4X43-19A442 (phone only). You'll need to re-arrange the pin-out connections to the 2007 specification. If you have the wiring diagrams from the 2003 & 2007 models, you'll be able to spot the difference, or it's also shown in my UK post.

Then you need to add the PSE phone module in the boot, p/n 2W93-19K350-AC or AD. The older versions of PSE with the Simcard slot, p/n 1X43-10D893-AC, AD or AE don't work with Bluetooth. Connect up the loom.

The bluetooth module p/n C2S 49706 as you mentioned goes in the center console, connected to the loom which you've had to add & re-pin.

The loom for the mic is there in the roof, you'll find it if you pull on the loom that has the power connections to the lights in the roof console, it's only 2-wires with a connector, but it'll be stuck down with some glue under a piece of foam. You have to add the mic into the roof (I found mine on fleabay).

And that's about it...unless you don't have Satnav, then you'll need to go to a dealer and have the phone module activated.

The deletion of pre-wire just means that the loom from under the back seat to the boot is missing. You'll find there are 3x basic versions out there. Phone, Phone+Voice & Voice only. If you can find one of these looms just make sure the connector that goes up to the center console has 8x pins in it. Early GSM only looms had 5x pins, which won't work with Bluetooth.

Don't want to link to the UK forum here, but if you make a search with "prewire" you'll find it.
Mmmm, My car is a 2003 X Type Jaguar 2003 (53) 2.0d (Diesel), it does not have the centre consul which slides to expose a phone holder, all its got is the two telephone buttons on the front radio panel and a keypad with * and # buttons, it looks as it is only suitable for a none bluetooth phone, it looks as though its only a basic model (witha few extras) I hope I'm wrong, if I am, I'm not too sure where I go from here, possibly a Parrot bluetooth.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Forgot to ask, do you have a CD changer? Just to be sure the fibre-optic network is there. If so you can fit Jag bluetooth to your system, but it'll be more expensive than a Parrot, & without the touchscreen/satnav probably more functional too...

Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Forgot to ask, do you have a CD changer? Just to be sure the fibre-optic network is there. If so you can fit Jag bluetooth to your system, but it'll be more expensive than a Parrot, & without the touchscreen/satnav probably more functional too...
There is no CD changer in the boot, I think I'm going to admit defeat on this one and intall a Parrot sysytem.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Cool

please could you send me the link for your full post on this as i am really interested in fitting Bluetooth to my car but i can find your detailed post
thank you my friend