Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 jaguar x-type abs light dsc fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi there,

I have a similar problem too.
My vehicle (2003 X-Type 2.5) show the ABS light on and since then the ABS doesn't work anymore. I took it to a dealership and they told me that is an "internal failure" with the ABS module and that will cost me $2000! What should I do?
I just left in the dealership $3500 for different issues.

Thank you!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

The X-type front speed sensors rarely go bad, it's almost always the link lead from the main vehicle harness to the sensor that fails. They are hard to test when intermittent. I usually remove the lead from the car and then stick an ohm meter between each end and manually manipulate the lead trying to get the meter to go open circuit to verify. Just make sure you check both wires.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 PM

Hello Real Tech,

I thank you for your answer but I do not know how to check what you said. I observed that the ABS light shows on exaclty on the moment when the doors are looking automaticaly (over 8km/h or whatever setting is in there.
I still don't believe that my ABS just give it up suddenly. call me stupid but it doesn't seem really normal.
I brought the vehicle from the dealership and this is what they said:
"Faulty ABS modulator. Code for ABS modulator solenoid power circuit C1266. Clear out code (no pinpoint test) - code did not return initially. Checked fuse and connections, checked main modulator conector and wiring, checked for power at conector and loaded power circuit. No fault found. ABS light came back after a short distance. ABS modulator appears to be faulty. Phoned tech line and spoke with ***. He believes it to be the ABS modulator also."

Sure it came back after a short distance! this is how it was before: the light is not ON when I start the vehicle, it goes ON when I start driving and exactly when the doors are locking.
What I didi is I pulled out the abs JACK (Delphi) and sprayed Contact spray on both sides to be sure I will have good contacts.

Now, somebody can tell me what else I should check ?
Real Tech, I can try to do what you said but I need to understand what are you refering at. Or, can we find a schematic description of the jack . I am not really a rookie with the electronics but I must understand the principles of it.

And what can I check myself in order to eliminate the problem?

And if I really need this new modulator, where I can find one? probably a used one since a new one cost me $2000?

Thank you.

Last edited by Tracus; 02-23-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Nobody knows?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

My initial response was for Cosatmobilitys speed sensor codes. I'll have to check the code you have and repost.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

New user to this board with a similar problem, albeit the timing is different. Bought my 2006 X Type used, from the dealer 2 months ago, factory warranty expired earlier this year.

My DSC System Fault error comes up a few seconds after starting the car. At first, if I turn the car off, wait 30 seconds and restart, I don't get the warning. It is completely random and always occurs immediately at start up, never while in motion. Lately, when it comes on, turning off and restarting doesn't always work, I have to drive a short distance, shutoff and restart to clear the error. I've been to the dealer and as stated here many times, "Suspect intermittent failure with the ABS module". Not looking forward to the inevitable 2K fix...

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My 02 with DSC just threw ABS, DSC and CE lights after a week of threatening to do so at startup. For a few days, the DSC fault light would be on for a couple seconds at start then go out. Now it does not go out and CE is now on. Is the CE Light just a consequence of the ABS and DSC faults?
I checked the 60 amp fuse that seems to power the ABS pump motor; it is not open. Should the pump motor run for a few seconds at startup? When ignition is energized, I can feel the ABS block click, but no motor vibration. After a couple seconds, there is another seismic sensation from the ABS block. I have not yet gotten codes; it seems from the foregoing that there are specific codes for specific failures. Is that correct? Thank you. --Tom in Tucson

Old 10-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redthorne
Hi all,

New user to this board with a similar problem, albeit the timing is different. Bought my 2006 X Type used, from the dealer 2 months ago, factory warranty expired earlier this year.

My DSC System Fault error comes up a few seconds after starting the car. At first, if I turn the car off, wait 30 seconds and restart, I don't get the warning. It is completely random and always occurs immediately at start up, never while in motion. Lately, when it comes on, turning off and restarting doesn't always work, I have to drive a short distance, shutoff and restart to clear the error. I've been to the dealer and as stated here many times, "Suspect intermittent failure with the ABS module". Not looking forward to the inevitable 2K fix...
I had the same issue, found the battery to be a little low. So i replaced and now the warning light does not come on.

The problem is all accessories come "alive" at the same time. The ABS/DSC module come on last (we are talking picoseconds) some time there is not enough "juice" left to turn it on properly. there is not a true fault with the system, and it will clear almost immediately. If they tried to pull codes they would more than likely get a voltage low fault.

The following users liked this post:
Catrick (11-15-2018)
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW: I solved my problem on my 02. Some creature, probably of the murine persuasion, bit clean through both wires to the RF wheel sensor. He She It got through the hard outer sheathing and then the red-white and brown-red pair with ease. This is about a month after somebody helped himself to the wire going to the bonnet open switch. I drive this car every day; it never sits. There are no other telltale signs of a living night visitor but it is the only explanation. I would never have thought of this as a cause. Thank you for all the ideas and help. This one was actually easy. --Tom in Tucson

Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 AM
gr1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 abs warning light s type diesel

hi went shopping today got back in car abs light on tried turning ignition on and off but fault still there. 150pound per hr jaguar rate to investigate