X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC, all interior, and all exterior lights are out (not working)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC, all interior, and all exterior lights are out (not working)

Hi all,

This is my first time posting. A close friend of mine has offered to sell me his 2004 X-Type for practically a give away price. It's aesthetically in excellent shape.

The car has an issue, though. All interior lights, exterior lights, and the AC aren't working.

It happened all of a sudden. It was his daily driver for a couple of months. Everything worked as it should. Then, he parked it for three weeks while he went on vacation. When he got back, he went to start the car. It starts up just fine. But, the AC wouldn't turn on, the interior lights wouldn't come on, and none of the exterior lights would come on. It's as though everything electrical is completely disconnected from a power source, but the car still starts right up.

Any ideas for what the issue could be? Is there one fuse that might've blown that would effect the AC, Interior, and exterior lights?

I know this is broad shot-in-the-dark type question, but any input would be appreciated.

I have access to the car to try different things to see if I can fix it before committing to buy it.

As an alternative question, would anyone know of a good jaguar mechanic for these cars in Phoenix, Arizona who could give me a diagnosis?

Thanks so much.

Best,
J

Old 02-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

When my interior lights, and a/c went out, it was a single fuse that I found odd that a/c and lights would be on the same fuse but was. Idk about exterior, didn't check to see if they were out.

The following users liked this post:
JRogers (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
When my interior lights, and a/c went out, it was a single fuse that I found odd that a/c and lights would be on the same fuse but was. Idk about exterior, didn't check to see if they were out.
Thanks for the input Dell, do you remember if it was the F99 fuse?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JRogers
Thanks for the input Dell, do you remember if it was the F99 fuse?
If you look up some fuse diagram you should be able to see which one it is. And when looking up fuse diagrams, be sure to specify the model year as I believe the fuses aren't really organized the same for pre-2004 models and post-2004 models.

JRogers (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by JaguArvid
If you look up some fuse diagram you should be able to see which one it is. And when looking up fuse diagrams, be sure to specify the model year as I believe the fuses aren't really organized the same for pre-2004 models and post-2004 models.
Right, thanks for the heads up, JaguArvid. When I head over to look at the car next, I'll check the sticker on the door for the manufacture date to make sure I get the right diagrams. After I saw your post, I read somewhere that even within the 2004 year the diagrams can be different, depending on when in '04 it was manufactured. If this is true, doe anyone know when the cut off date would be for the change over.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

April 2004

I think it was 49(?), been a while. I remember it was a fuse that I didn't originally suspect would be the cause.

JRogers (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
April 2004

I think it was 49(?), been a while. I remember it was a fuse that I didn't originally suspect would be the cause.
Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Yea, it seems like, depending on when in '04 the x-type was manufactured, it'll be either 99 (if earlier in the year) or 49 (if later in the year), if I'm assessing this all correctly.

The only thing I know about these cars, other than I really like their aesthetic, is what I've read on this forum today.

So, I really appreciate everyone's feedback. It's really very kind.