X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC compressor bypass.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please

I just joined here following an extensive search for bypassing a fried ac comp. On our 2003 x type.
I am having no luck finding any relevant diagrams. Also, for the life of me can't get the belt around the tensioner. I have a tool to nove this pulley too.
Can anyone with info chime in please?
Thx
Mitchell

Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default reply to Mildmitch

Morning Mildmitch,
I didnt think of doing this as I read my emails at Breakfast. 6:30 am AEST. As it is a great Sunny day, I thought I would spend a little timeand try and help you. Hah, It is now nearly time for Lunch.
As I couldn't work out how to put the answer in this little box, I did it as a Word Document,sorry if you are an Apple person.
I think the attachment is inserted. I hope you can fathom the description,as it is written in Australian.
Sorry about the photos,but I didnt think of taking any while doing the job.
Good luck
Lindsay

Attached Files
File Type: docx
AC By Pass for Forum.docx (1.00 MB, 471 views)
Old 08-28-2016, 08:59 PM

Hi again Mitchell,
Lying under the Car and with a tool in the square drive you should be able to move the adjuster about 3" o3 75mm depending on what you use.

This should be enough to get the Belt on with one hand .
I would come and help, but that's not an option.

Do you have the Belt flat and tensioned as far as possible before trying to slip it over the tensioner pulley.

If you notice the Thread Belt types. The people in USA seem to have longer belts than I used. There SHOULD NOT Be any difference, But something may be involved here. I did try a GATES 6PK2126.This fitted,but was very loose. Serpentine Belts like being Tight so I wnt for the size as stated 83.5" which is the next size down from the 841/4"
What have you got

Old 08-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Default AC bypass

Aljay, Thanks for your response.
I have attempted to open your doc. but only get code or gibberish.
Tried on both Mac and windows.
Mitchell

Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 AM
Default Mildmitch AC Belt bypass

Mitchell, My email is ---aljay@techinfo.com.au

Send me an email and I will send the attachment that way.

I am not sure how to add to the Forum so probably didn't set the attachment bit correctly.
It is nearly 15:40 here so perhaps you will read this at breakfast.
Cheers
Lindsay

Old 07-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys i have a 2003 x type 2.5litre and am alsp trying to bypass the ac compressor because its making crazy noise so i bought the gates k060837 belt but I feel that it may be too big and is the diagram that was posted the same to bypass for the 2.5 litre because the one posted was for a 3.0. Thanks in advance I am in a bit of a pinch

Old 06-23-2021, 08:29 AM
Default A/C bypass

Originally Posted by adamc
I hope this may help someone out.
My wife 02 x-type's AC compressor clutch blew up and locked the pulley. With the holidays coming I did not want to replace the compressor and all the other little goodies, so I decided to bypass it. I searched but could not find any info. I measured for the new belt length and checked for clearance issues.

What you will need is a 13/16” x 84-5/8” 6 groove belt. ( maybe slightly shorter more later )

You will end up bypassing a idler pulley as well. The belt install essentially the same with the exception of the two pulleys that are bypassed.

I have put 120 miles on the new belt so far with no real problems. The only thing I have noticed, is some belt slipping while turning the wheel at a stand still ( this has diminished with more miles ).
The belt tension feels good to me. It has about a 1/2” pull, and has a fare amount of resistance when turning 90 degrees. Maybe jags need more tension on the belt than I'm used to, but I think it is more down to the cheap belt I used. As the belt is broken in, the slipping is almost gone, now only slipping at wheel lock right or left. I know I should have spent a few more bucks for a better belt, but I intend to go back to the stock setup in the summer. Hope this helps, happy holidays.
Hi, can you tel me what engine size, and model this is thinking of doing the same thin on my 2006 XType 2.2d sport
Many thanks

Old 06-23-2021, 09:19 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

AC compressor bypass on X Type 2.2d requires a 6PK1228 belt.

Paul.

Old 06-25-2021, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Man on the hill
AC compressor bypass on X Type 2.2d requires a 6PK1228 belt.

Paul.
Liam

Many thanks for the quick response, I will get a belt next week and give it go

Old 08-13-2022, 07:45 AM
Default Ac compressor bypass

Hi all i have the 3.0v6 sport im struggling to find the right size belt for the ac delete as my ac compressor has pooped itself would anyone know which size belt i need for a 3.0 v6 thanks

Old 11-17-2022, 03:27 AM

Thanks you so very much for this information, you have really helped me. Now to tackle the job, when it stops raining! Once again thank you so much for providing this information.

Old 11-19-2022, 11:56 PM
Default 2.0 xtype ac pulley bypass

Originally Posted by adamc
I hope this may help someone out.
My wife 02 x-type's AC compressor clutch blew up and locked the pulley. With the holidays coming I did not want to replace the compressor and all the other little goodies, so I decided to bypass it. I searched but could not find any info. I measured for the new belt length and checked for clearance issues.

What you will need is a 13/16” x 84-5/8” 6 groove belt. ( maybe slightly shorter more later )

You will end up bypassing a idler pulley as well. The belt install essentially the same with the exception of the two pulleys that are bypassed.

I have put 120 miles on the new belt so far with no real problems. The only thing I have noticed, is some belt slipping while turning the wheel at a stand still ( this has diminished with more miles ).
The belt tension feels good to me. It has about a 1/2” pull, and has a fare amount of resistance when turning 90 degrees. Maybe jags need more tension on the belt than I'm used to, but I think it is more down to the cheap belt I used. As the belt is broken in, the slipping is almost gone, now only slipping at wheel lock right or left. I know I should have spent a few more bucks for a better belt, but I intend to go back to the stock setup in the summer. Hope this helps, happy holidays.
Hello everybody. Has anyone tried to do this bypass on a 2.0 diesel XType? What belt should I use ? Thank you 😊

Old 11-20-2022, 12:59 AM

I have the same car 2.0d, I have been told the belt you need is a Gates Micro-V, 6PK1228.