X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Transmission and Transfer Case Fluids Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automatic Transmission and Transfer Case Fluids Change

Hi I want to get these two fluids changed. I live in Saskatoon, Canada. What would be a place to get these changed. I went to a regular Oil Change drive through shop, The Great Canadian Oil Change, although they are very good they couldn't figure out how to do the change on either. Any ideas how or where I could get it done from?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I got mine done at Mr Lube. I took an ipad and showed them the relevant threads and photos from this forum, without which they and I would have been clueless. I also took my own fluids for them to use. They took alittle persuading and I had to sign off on a no warranty type agreement, so suggest you catch them at a quiet time (first thing sunday is good where I am) they do exist in saskatoon - good luck!!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

I really don't think you're going to find a place to change the T-Case fluid since there is no easy "standard" procedure. Rather you're either going to have to do it yourself or will need to find a local mechanic who can do it for you.

If you haven't been following along (... ;-) the T-Case fill-spot is on the top of the case squeezed right against the engine oil pan and is not accessible. The drain is on the side of the bottom and folks on this list have developed a procedure where new fluid can be added via the drain hole (search the list). The "factory" drain/fill procedure involves dropping the T-Case and doing it on the bench. Dropping the T-Case pretty much involves taking the entire front end apart...

Changing the transmission fluid is also a challenge since Jaguar never intended for it to be done. Completely changing the fluid is also complicated by the fact that considerable amounts of ATF are held in the torque-converter and the transmission cooler so simply draining the transmission will only empty about 1/2 of the fluid.

Adding the correct amount of fluid is also tough since it is very hard to make measurements and there is a complicated process of determining engine temperature (fluid can only be added when the engine has been warmed up to a specified temperature). The ATF is also pretty unique to these cars and is extremely expensive.

I wouldn't trust a Jiffy-lube type place to do this right in my life...

Suggest reading up on both these issues on the this list. They have both been discussed for years.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Here is a transfer case thread.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-flush-96980/

I have a 5 speed so have no idea what an automatic takes.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke with murray at all-o-matic transmission in saskatoon. He quoted me $207 for a full flush 8.8 litres. He said he could do it so I booked appointment for a fortnight thursday. Lets see what happens. I am going to ask if theh can do the t-case also. I have ordered the power steering fluid additive from jaguar also for $10 in hopes to resolve squeaking issue with steering wheel

Last edited by kashaf; 07-10-2013 at 04:26 AM.