Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default End of problems

Hi All,

It looks like all of those pesky X-Type problems will not bothering me any longer. The list I had put together to fix by the end of the summer can be torn and thrown away. My beloved X-Type gave up it's beauty to ensure my wife and I were not seriously hurt. Did not get the insurance result yet but am 99% sure it is totalled. RIP

Dom

PS - See attachment, I think I uploaded it correctly.

Attached Thumbnails End of problems-2013-06-21_14.16.02.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Sorry to hear that and glad you and your wife are OK. Now settle with your insurance and start shopping for another.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a VW polo back end look like that once. the muppet started to pull out into a roundabout and as i followed he slammed his brakes on. (think it was a "crash for cash" type as there was no reason for him to suddenly stop with 2 ton of Mitsubishi shogun behind him)

only damage to the shogun was a cracked number plate and a small bit of paint chipped off the bumper.

Guess my X-Type wont have such a sturdy build :P

Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ouch! That sucks. Glad you guys are okay. Let us know if you're gonna part it out.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Ouch ouch ouch!

Glad to hear neither of you were injured.

What kind of vehicle hit you, and did the person that smacked you fare as well? What was the lame excuse given for plowing into you

I am very curious as to how many of the airbags popped open, and what that experience was like.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Bruce, none of the airbags should have deployed as they are programmed to only deploy on a front impact. If you have side impact air bags, then they will also deploy when a sever enough side impact is felt. But, being rear ended should not cause a deployment.

As for what being rear ended is like, been there, felt that. If you are seated against the seat when you get hit, I would liken it to being launched from a roller coaster with the linear motor controls (or like being launched from a reverse bungee ride), just a bit more severe. if you are not fully against the back of the seat, I would liken it to being body slammed on a bed when being dropped about 20 feet. Hurt you, depends on how you hit the seat. I have been fortunate that both times I got rear ended, I saw it coming and was able to relax and be against the seat as I got hit. The guys that hit me, one I made cry because he thought I was going to kick his @#$%^!!!! The other guy started to get out of his car, but his friends grabbed him and pulled him back in, holding him in the driver's seat. I guess I don't look too pleasant when stepping out of the car.

I have been in a car that got t-boned by someone doing about 50 mph. They hit the rear tire and spun the car. The air bags never deployed. But ,that was a hell of a ride. Luckily I have learned from childhood crashes on my bike that you need to relax as much as possible and to just ride out the crash. I walked away from that crash too. Granted, the driver of the other vehicle got hauled away, by the police. Guess being 2 times the legal limit (BAC) will do that.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (07-04-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Glad you and yours are Okay...Some back pains are worth a few dollars..see a lawyer before you settle....Trust me, you will not lose.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Received 4,180 Likes on 3,643 Posts

ouch not a fun day for the Jag but glad to see you are ok

Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Jagmandan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WoW and OMG... So glad that you and your wife are OK. Sorry about your sweet Jag. Hope everything with insurance turns out OK.
Danny

Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Chris the seat do have rear collision protection in Jaguars. When you go back into the seat back you push against the headrest lower posts in the seats. This pushes the top of the headrest towards your head to reduce whiplash. Also the seat frame itself has hinges that collapse and drop down to slow your body. This is another reason in rear end collisions the front seats need to be inspected and replaced if someone was sitting in them. If the hinges have tweeked it needs new seats. They only protect and work once...

Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Geez, Dangillo,
Glad to find you are all okay, it may be stressful sorting the insurance but hopefully you will get sorted with not too much ado.
Your car actually looks like my 2nd X Type and it was gorgeous too.
I would check out valuations for an immaculate version of yours and as you can't buy a new replacement, it may be advantageous to enquire of what you may get as a replacemnet. You mentioned a list of to-do items for your car so it may help to now look out for a similar car with say, less mileage and more upgrades and although the whole scenario is a little bleak and stressed out, you can exploit the situation and end up with something you may be a lot happier with.
Motoring is a journey and I find I learn something new everyday, I hope this is of some help to you and you manage to get everything you need out of the car before it may be too late?
The main thing is YOU WALKED AWAY!
Good Luck and keep your faith and if I may be rather bold, don't settle the insurance unless you are happy with the offer! It's your choice, enjoy your thoughts and may the Gods be with you when it comes down to LUCK?
Best Regards, Stu

Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

So glad that you and yours are O.K.! It's just a car. Well, it's a Jaguar, but still...

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (07-04-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Hi All,

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. My wife has fully recovered but my leg is still sore and swollen. It got smashed twice, the first impact to the back of the calf as it hit the seat and then as the crash vector continued, my shin hit the dash under the steering wheel.
As for the air bags deploying, Thermo was correct, they did not. The chairs and headrests did their job as did the crumple zones. The car is totaled. The bad thing, as we all know is that Jags do not hold their value well, so I'm not getting much for it and certainly cannot replace it.
My brother-in-law is a GM mechanic so maybe a GM vehicle with good gas mileage is in order. This way I can save for the F-Type!!!!!

Thanks again,
Dom

Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Dom, I suppose if the F' Type is what you want that's the way to go! In time we won't have lost you then!
I thought you were okay after the impact so my sympathies are with you bigtime!
Hang in there and I wish you well with the insurance and the bureaucracy that it usually entails and stay happy!
Regards, Stu