X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best aftermarket Navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best aftermarket Navigation?

Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade my stereo for a touchscreen with navigation and a backup camera. I'm an amateur when it comes to this but I've heard double din systems can be difficult to put in. I found this one on amazon:
Amazon.com : Ouku In-Dash Double-DIN Car Dvd Player with Touch Screen Lcd Monitor, 6.2-Inch : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Ouku In-Dash Double-DIN Car Dvd Player with Touch Screen Lcd Monitor, 6.2-Inch : Car Electronics
It's got everything that I want but I'm a wary about the price, seems too low. If y'all have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

Speaking from experience with almost this exact Radio CD DVD GPS(not bluray) back up camera, that I installed in my 928S,(mine has the hidden screen) thinking what a good price. Everything was great, but it died after a couple of years, and it didn't work at all if the car was hot when you entered it. I bought a $350 one to replace it(still Chinese). They are almost all from China, when you get down to nuts and bolts. The $350 player is head and shoulders above the other one. Someone on the forum mentioned their double din player was stolen from their dash, along with the collateral dash damage. Mine looks like a cheapo $59 Autozone AM/FM CD player, so I don't think there is much demand for it, and I live next to the former murder and crime capital of the world, Gary, Indiana. It would still be the crime capital, except 30% of the population has left, and there are very few open stores around. Plus Juarez, Mexico has the drug cartels killing each other off, faster than the birth rate...I guess you get what you pay for......Be cool.....Mike

Last edited by mrplow58; 02-19-2015 at 08:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nickzulu (02-19-2015)