X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke a vaccm line and coolant res nipple

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke a vaccm line and coolant res nipple

I attempted to do my first tune p on my 2005 jag x type....when taking off the manifold I broke a vacuum line attached to the back of the manifold and seems to connect to an ac line, its a line that is chrome and above the engine block. it is a hard plastic line that is red in color. Im not sure what it is to be able to replace it. Also I snapped the nipple that connect a line to the coolant res...I imagine that I have to replace the whole unit, unless anyone has any ideas... When bolting the manifold down two of the bolts on the front left, that are short bolts were screwed in but they don't seem to tighten. even thought they are down all the way I can still freely turn them, I also cant make them come out. Because of this Im not sure if the manifold is tightly secured. What should I spray around the manifold to see if there is a leak? How do I get those bolts to come out if there is a leak?....Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum THESICILIANPR,

I've moved your question from Jaguar Forums Advice / Feedback & Suggestion Center to X-Type forum. Advice / Feedback & Suggestion Center is for questions about the forum and not for tech questions.

Members here with the same model will be able to assist.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 10-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

You'll have to replace the coolant tank. You can find reasonably priced new ones on ebay. I'm running one of them in mine for several months now with no trouble. I wouldn't waste my time on a used one.

I'm not sure which vacuum line you broke. A pic would help.

Also not sure what bolts you're having trouble with. I think what you are talking about is the brass fittings in the black plastic intermediate manifold are spinning and you cannot tighten the aluminum plenum on the top of the engine. Is that it? If so, I had that happen on a Ford F-150 with the Triton engine and it is a similar connection system. On that one I had to remove the plenum and it was not easy with the brass nut spinning in the black plastic. If I remember correctly I had to grind off the top of the fastener to get the plenum off. Then I reset the spinning nut with some JB Weld. That's was a one time deal. I have no idea if I will ever get it out again.

Edit:
One more thing, if the o-ring seals are in good shape and clean, those bolts that hold it down don't have to be very tight. And if they leak and the bolts are seated, then you're not going to get it to stop leaking by tightening the bolts. I'd have to look up the torque spec on them but it's in the low inch-lbs I'm sure.

Last edited by AlfaVeloce; 10-19-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 AM

My buddy says it looks like a pressure regulator vacuum line its attached to the fuel rail, is there any other name for this vacuum? Thank you kindly for your help.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Is this the Vacuum line?

Attached Thumbnails Broke a vaccm line and coolant res nipple-injector-work-6-.jpg   Broke a vaccm line and coolant res nipple-injector-work-5-.jpg   Broke a vaccm line and coolant res nipple-injector-work-4-.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM

YES THATS THE ONE...I was able to by new vacuum line and install it...Thanks a million.