X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Blade & Window Trim Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Bumper Blade & Window Trim Help Needed

I just got some factory quartz metallic that I'm going to use to paint the bumper blades and window trim(Black) and I'm wanted to know if I HAVE to remove the bumpers to get the blades off or not and how to remove the chrome window trim? Obviously I'm going for the sport edition look...From a quick look it seems like the front bumper will probably have to come off but I do have access to the rear blades from under the car but I can't figure out to release the clips! Also what is the best way to remove the chrome window trim? Any help would be greatly appreciated! If the front bumper has to come off then it looks like an HID conversion will be in my near future!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

X-Mental, yes, the bumper covers have to come off to get the blades off. If you look, there are loops on the back side of the blades that have a piece of plastic shoved through them. You need to remove that piece of plastic (actually 4 of them per blade as I recall) before the blade can be removed. I removed my blades quite a few years ago when I did the same project that you are looking at doing. If you want some ideas, check out my gallery as I did some special things with the back end of my car that I think you might find of interest.

As for the window trim, I know the rear most trim that makes the bend around the fixed glass is held on with double sided tape. The rest, I am not sure how it may come off.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the speedy response. I had an s-type a couple years ago and I was able to get them off without removing the bumper covers. Of course the x can't be as easy! I think I've checked out most every thread you've been a part of lol your wisdom on these cars has came in handy on a few occasions already, most noted for me being the upper adjustable control arms for the rear. That was a great find man, thanks.