X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Identify This X-Type Please??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Identify This X-Type Please??

If I'm not painfully wrong, the '06 X-Type had some optional packages and the like, right? If I'm wrong and there is only one X-Type Sedan, then backspace and no harm done.

If not, can you help me identify this one?

Obvious specs:
3.0 V6 Petrol
4WD, 4DR

I've attached a picture showing the rim choice (it's not my car but the rims are the same). The interior has no Navi, has a button for cd changer (but I can't find one anywhere, even the boot), has a sport mode button and TSC button on the gear lever console. It's also got Alpine speakers, which is only on a specific model as far as I know.

Any inputs? What else can I provide to make the evaluation better? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Help Me Identify This X-Type Please??-813_343955_12109047_2492212492013.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

My input is ... what a handsome car! :-P

Other than that - I'm as interested as you in answers to your questions - i mean I know there were multiple levels of trim and several motor options (outside the U.S. - which only had the 2.5 and 3.0 liter v6.

Good luck!

Old 05-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a X-TYPE Sport. Where you looking for something more specific than that? The Executive edition had navi as far as I know.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Received 255 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagtype
The interior has no Navi, has a button for cd changer (but I can't find one anywhere, even the boot), has a sport mode button and TSC button on the gear lever console. It's also got Alpine speakers, which is only on a specific model as far as I know.
The CDC button is part of the panel, it's there even if you don't have the changer. The Sport Mode button is standard on all Automatics.
More info can be located here:
Select your language, country, vehicle, and year.

TOPIx - TOPIx#

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Jagtype, the X-Type had a few option packages that were available over the years. The big packages were the Wagon, Sport, and then the standard edition. That car is definitely not a Wagon as it doesn't have the squared off rear like a station wagon has. I don't believe it to be a Sport model as the car sits a little too high (Sport model was dropped 1.4" from the factory and also had a monochromatic paint job). So, you are stuck with just having a standard X-Type. Now, there was an option package as I recalled labeled "Executive" which tossed in some niceties to the interior like Nav, front/rear parking assist, etc. But, based on what you are describing, I think I can rule that out too.

As much as I hate to say it, you are looking at a plain Jane X-Type. There is nothing special in the way of packages applied to the car. The rims changed over the years and that is one thing that you can help identify what year car you are looking at without having to get into the details.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Oh yeah, the CD Changer. If you open the boot, lean a little to the left and you will see a box in the carpeting by the tail light. If you look, there is a door there for you to open. Behind that is where the CD Changer should be hiding if it was equipped with one. Just because the radio has a CD Changer button on it, doesn't mean that it was equipped with one. Jaguar used a common radio for the various trim packages and really only had 2 radios (1 that was basic, 1 that had the Nav built in).

Old 05-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Jagtype, the X-Type had a few option packages that were available over the years. The big packages were the Wagon, Sport, and then the standard edition. That car is definitely not a Wagon as it doesn't have the squared off rear like a station wagon has. I don't believe it to be a Sport model as the car sits a little too high (Sport model was dropped 1.4" from the factory and also had a monochromatic paint job). So, you are stuck with just having a standard X-Type. Now, there was an option package as I recalled labeled "Executive" which tossed in some niceties to the interior like Nav, front/rear parking assist, etc. But, based on what you are describing, I think I can rule that out too.

As much as I hate to say it, you are looking at a plain Jane X-Type. There is nothing special in the way of packages applied to the car. The rims changed over the years and that is one thing that you can help identify what year car you are looking at without having to get into the details.
It does happen to have parking assist (sensors in the rear bumper). And how do you know how high my jag sits? As I said, that pictures isn't my car.

Thanks for the help all

Old 05-19-2014, 08:32 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Looks exactly like my '05 with the Cayman wheels. Like Thermo said, nothing fancy there (beyond the fact that it is a Jaguar... ;-)
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 05-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Jagtype, I was using that car as a reference. You said that it was identical to this one other than it being at some other place. While the drop doesn't seem big, it is noticeable.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a sport I think with the chrome on it. Looks almost like mine. Same rims I use for winter use. I have no NAVI and the sport button for the 3.0, I have no CD changer but the button is still there.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Just going to go out on a whim here - does it have beaded leather trim on the interior and, possibly, a leather and wood trimmed steering wheel?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default more to say..........

I ask because in 2005 Jaguar added a VDP model to the line up. There was the Base, Sport and VDP Edition. The VDP had minor upgrades and styling changes and was a package add on to a Base or Sport 3.0 model with the Premium Package. Primarily the differences were the VDP sedan included a 320-watt Alpine premium sound system, Reverse Park Control, 10 way adjustable seats, a wood and leather steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, chrome side mirrors, burl walnut interior trim on the doors, dash and console as well as beaded contrast piping on the leather seats.

The following users liked this post:
jimborino (05-31-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm not mistaken VDP models had chromed mirror covers.

They look very nice on the X-Type, imho.

Last edited by detonator; 10-12-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks identical to mine. When we picked everything we wanted on ours, it took a couple weeks and came from a few states away.

Mine is a 2005.
Zircon is the color (same as the one you show)
3.0 Engine
Has Navi
Power Driver and Passenger seats with lumbar
Has Premium Sound (Alpine) - has the CD changer button, but no changer.
Has the winter package (Heated Seats), I think this threw in the back-up sensors, but not sure. Either way, it has back-up sensors (no front sensors)
Has the leather/wood steering wheel.
Has Sport button, but no TCS button.
I want to say those are the rims that came on it, but I asked the dealer if they could swap them for the Agulia (sp?).

I don't think it's anything special, though I can dig out the window sticker if you like to see if it was labeled as some kind of package.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:01 AM
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Lightbulb

The VIN# would be helpful..... supply that to the local JAG Dealer and he will tell you all sorts about the car (incl. recorded Service History)

Old 10-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So, I dug out the original window sticker for mine and here are the items listed under Optional Equipment:

Automatic Transmission - $1,250
X-Type Model - N/C
Heated Front Seats 2Stage - $500
Metallic Paint - $595
Navigation System - $2,300
Reverse Park Control - $325
Premium Package - $1,950
Moonroof Package - $2,250

So, it seems like the only "packages" are Premium and Moonroof.

Don't know if this helps you or not.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 392 Likes on 289 Posts

i drove past this dealership today ,they have quite a few x-types over there