Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me out

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out

Hello to all
I have a problem...I have removed the battery from my jaguar 2002 x type and now when I try to open the navigation he ask me to input the code or pin but the problem is I don't know him(I am the 3 buyer of this jaguar) and the question is..Anyone has an iddea how to find out the code?
Thank you!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Code

Originally Posted by jaguar2002
Hello to all
I have a problem...I have removed the battery from my jaguar 2002 x type and now when I try to open the navigation he ask me to input the code or pin but the problem is I don't know him(I am the 3 buyer of this jaguar) and the question is..Anyone has an iddea how to find out the code?
Thank you!
A Jaguar dealer should be able to help you. Did you get any of the manuals that come with the car? Perhaps the code is written down some place.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Thermo will doubtless chime in here. But I've pulled my battery a couple of time. I've never come across having to find my radio code. BUT every second thread mentioning a battery has this same issue. Is it navigation specific, is it only older models, is it a glitch?

I wish I knew because I dont care if my battery starts on fire, I'm never disconnecting it. Dealer always chrges 50$ or something to find the code for you.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Jaguar2002, you will need to go to your local Jag dealership with proof of ownership (registration for the car, title for the car, etc). From there, they can look up the VIN number of the car and tell you the radio code. It will be a 4 digit number.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:53 PM

thanks to all
I will do that...and see what happends

Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Jaguar2002, you will need to go to your local Jag dealership with proof of ownership (registration for the car, title for the car, etc). From there, they can look up the VIN number of the car and tell you the radio code. It will be a 4 digit number.
Hey Chris

What's the hard and fast rules here. I disconnect my battery and I'm fine, he does it and loses his codes. What is the difference, year? Length of time?

Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Sidewalk, I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the answer is that as long as the radio and car were mated at the factory and the two are still together later, no code is needed to be inputted. BUt, if for some reason the radio needed to be replaced, the code the car sends to the radio is different, therefore triggering the radio to ask for a code. I am like you. I disconnected my battery, removed the radio from the car, etc and when I powered it back up, the radio went to full operation (asked for no codes).

The only other thing I can figure out is maybe the very early cars mandated the code, yet, later on, this was removed as the "inconvenience to the customer" outweighed the likelihood of someone stealing the radio. You have to admit, the radio in our cars can really only be used in another Jaguar. Trying to put it into another vehicle would prove to be fairly difficult.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The X-types made for the European market need a code for the radio whenever the battery is removed. So this is how they are designed. It is stated in the owners manual(Audio System manual).
For other markets like USA the code is not required.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Smile Code

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
Hey Chris

What's the hard and fast rules here. I disconnect my battery and I'm fine, he does it and loses his codes. What is the difference, year? Length of time?
IMHO there isn't any hard or fast rule. Every car since the 90's perhaps before have these codes systems. On my former ride it said in the driver's manual if the battery is disconnected you will need to input the radio code, but there were a few other things that had to be reset.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

If you scroll through the head unit menu, you can reset the country and if you choose certain markets, you will need a radio code when power is lost or disconnected.

bob gauff

Old 10-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Smile Radio

I am curious how do you get to the head unit menu?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

Adam, it really depends on the style of radio that you have. Some are a basic radio where others have GPS built into them, the A/C-heater controls, etc. So, if you have the basic radio (which is sounds like you do), then there is no code or menu for you to select. If you have the radio with the built in GPS and A/C-heater controls, then if you look on the right side of the radio, up near the top (middle of the 3 buttons over there), you will see a "MENU" button. From there, you can set up the radio to be specific to what you need.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So only the radios with GPS (Non-standard radios) require a code? Please confirm this because I need to change my battery soon and I do not have the code. My radio is the standard one with cassete player and CD shuttle.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Adam, it really depends on the style of radio that you have. Some are a basic radio where others have GPS built into them, the A/C-heater controls, etc. So, if you have the basic radio (which is sounds like you do), then there is no code or menu for you to select. If you have the radio with the built in GPS and A/C-heater controls, then if you look on the right side of the radio, up near the top (middle of the 3 buttons over there), you will see a "MENU" button. From there, you can set up the radio to be specific to what you need.
So then why are the North American cars supplied with a radio code in the first place? I have a code on a card that came with the rest of the literature, but have never had to use it in all of the times I have had my battery disconnected. I have the basic head unit.

Now on my X300, there was no radio code supplied from new because the North American market radios had the code delete, the radio never required a code to be entered after power loss.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

When I did NEW CAR PDIs, all Jaguar radios came with the code card. The factory has no control of where the car will eventually end up. It has been a while since I have done this but if you hold the AM/FM and EJECT buttons you will enter the radio head unit MENU. You can select the features you want but be aware that if you change certain things, the radio will forget all presets and might need the CODE to turn back on. Certain Markets use EVEN or ODD frequencies, some use ALL. If you have the CODE you can play around with your radio, but make sure it is correct.

The menu might be AUS, EURO, NORTH AM, etc.

bob gauff

Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcarman
When I did NEW CAR PDIs, all Jaguar radios came with the code card. The factory has no control of where the car will eventually end up. It has been a while since I have done this but if you hold the AM/FM and EJECT buttons you will enter the radio head unit MENU. You can select the features you want but be aware that if you change certain things, the radio will forget all presets and might need the CODE to turn back on. Certain Markets use EVEN or ODD frequencies, some use ALL. If you have the CODE you can play around with your radio, but make sure it is correct.

The menu might be AUS, EURO, NORTH AM, etc.

bob gauff
This is cool, just went out and played with that menu.

Now, is there a secret button combination that will enable CD changer functions without going to the dealer?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Smile Radio

I have the radio with the Cd player and auto AC/heat

Old 10-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Smile Radio

It's not the standard radio it has a single CD player, with a bunch of controls on it and automatic Ac heat or HVAC as we like to call it.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Default Solution

Well I have called the dealership here and they have never charged me to get the code. Colorado Springs, CO Red Noland Jaguar. You'll have to look it up. Either call them and see if they give it to you for free or do an overide of the code described next.
Anyways there is a method that they don't give out to people because they like making money. Set the key to the on position. You dont have to start it just get the radio running. Once you have done that Push the Forward Track button and the PTY button at the same for a few seconds. It should overide any code you need.

I hope this works for you! Good Luck!