Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

humerous and bad , sorry

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default humerous and bad , sorry

Haven't posted in a little while but here goes. So, last day of high school today, what do I do. Get pulled over for speeding, not signalling, not coming to a complete stop, occupying two lanes, window tint again, which i will be taking pictures of before i have it removed, joyriding some how, and fleeing? somehow, since I didn't see the cruiser chasing me. What did I get, a big FAT phone call home? Yes a phone to my old man, and no ticket on top of which my freinds didn't make it any beasier by trying to rap "eff the police", and yelling "RUN you can make it with the weed". Lesson, im going to follow the rules now.

Just thought i'd share. And all the ladies staring at the black jag, in the high school parking lot, that was a added bonus. Felt pretty BA walking back to school.

Any stories of your own, post em!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.3 KB

Ah the exuberance of youth Disco. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were pulled for speeding and got a ticket??
I remember the days well myself

Unfortunately you don't feel quite so bad *** when you're paying the ticket or trying to explain to your ole man I bet?? Been there, seen it got the vid and the t shirt...lol

all the best mate.....Top tip - watch your rearview!!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

hahaha no, that was a ticket for the tint, he gave me no ticket this time, and told me "son, high schools over, wlecome to life," and my dad was like " i told you to get that tint peeled, and STOP speeding", its all good.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

That is funny Disco,

I always have the habit of looking back to see if the cop turned around for the tints, I had one turn around the other day when i was going home (dont mean to thread jack Disco).

Cop didnt have time to turn around in traffic, so he speeded down my street after pulling the U-turn and by that time I made sure I was outside the car with the keys in hand, ingition off doors locked, car in my driveway, yet he still put his lights on and pulled all the way up my driveway.

No ticket, just a lesson on how tints get cops killed. I explained how tints helped deter the break ins and hide the audio well at night, as well as hold the glass if they do break in. Then preceded to back out the driveway. lol

Cue up Chamillionare- They see me rolling.....

Yea, Just be safe driving bro, the Jag is easier to pick up ladies while going slow then flying by at 100.

- Dave

Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 AM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Thanks for bringing back memories of my youth - My one and only night spent in jail. We used to routinely drag race in the middle of the night on a lonely county two lane outside of Chicago. One night I challenged a Dodge 440 with my Oldsmobile 442. There would always be dozens of cars out watching the "races". A car, or two would always drive out the 1/4 mile and park on both sides of the road to show the end. This particular night one of the cars marking off the 1/4 was a Cook County cop.

We got 2/3 through the race when he turned on his lights and stupid both of us, we tried to out run him. We had him for a while...until he wound up his own 440 with that big highway gear....Long story short, I, and my buddy, ended up with speeding tickets for 100 mph over. The speed limit out there was 45 mph.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Man, I wish cops would call my old man when they stop me. Oh wait, I am an old man. Another reason it sucks to be in your 50s.........

Seiously though, this is a pretty fascinating thread. Made me think back on things I did when I was younger that seemed BA at the time, but now seem incredibly stupid. Looking back, I've been a very lucky man.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

I wish i said that tinit thing to the cops, but o well, im going to go take some final pictures, before i drop her off and have the tint removed.....sigh. I don't mind you high jacking the thread, its story time!

Ye i've raced the jag, fastest i've got er before the red light was 190, against a dodge daytonna, the dodge, surprisly didn't stand a chance.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

oh, and the jag was standing still, with a ghost crusier blocking my path,

Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Sounds like you ran into a reasonable peace officer there Disco, remember this one. These encounters usually don't end without a sizable contribution to the local coffers via your wallet.

I can't even remember all of the stupid things I did as a younger guy, I'm sure there are plenty of times I got off much easier than I should have. Wadding up my Yamaha V-Max on some loose gravel at 80 or 90 mph on a twisty back road and walking away with some minor road rash even though I was only wearing jeans and a t-shirt comes to mind. Duh....

Getting caught stumbling drunk walking down the sidewalk in a very very bad part of town at 2 in the morning, then throwing up in the back of the cruiser, only to find out the cop was buddies with my grandfather so he just gave me a ride home (20 miles!)......some days it's better to be lucky than good.....

Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

yes i was very lucky, owell we all do stupid stuff when were young, and im sure i will do more before i turn ina the clasical, old man jag owner.

I wish my parents would let me get a bike, my freinds learning to ride one this summer, and shes making me go along with her, but unfornutaly i don't have a gsxr lieing around, unlike her to rip around on, plus my parents would flip.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

As long as everyone else is sharing their story with Disco Stu55...

I left High School one day (long, long ago...) in my 1960 flat-finned Ford that I had painted with Red Oxide Primer the day before, right before it rained (it was a bit mottled in appearance).

The Trooper that pulled me over gave me no ticket as he explained in all his years as a State Trooper - and he was an old guy -that he had never ever seen a car painted to look like a turd before, and he wouldn't quit laughing.

Until I moved away from there a decade later, every time I would see the man he would point and start laughing, no matter what I was driving or where we were at.

Needless to say, there was a real life's lesson to be learned there: Watch out for the Cops!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

hahaha thats so funny. I pulled up to grad this year on my dates, 64 bell air, with hydrualics, and a bad *** exhuast, and right behind us was my freinds truck an 1990's, gmc truck, missing a hood, the whole left side attackd by rust and and just sounded like crap. His bro was driving it, we gave him such a hard time the rest of the night, so funny.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're lucky I'm not your dad, otherwise you'd be taking the bus right now. Your car is an unforgiving weapon, remember that. If you want to race, take your car to the track and have fun. Not to mention that in a week or two you'll post another thread asking why your check engine light is back on.

I understand that you're still young, but if you're old enough to drive a Jag, it may be time to act responsibly.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Disco, I think I saw you on 30th ave yesterday. Still tinted and looked like you may have been doing more than 60?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe not yesterday the day before though possibly, only took her out for the old man , to take him to dinner and look at some trucks. Were actaully in the market for a new work truck, he can't decide, he's bent on a ford, but i got him to take a look at a chevy and maybe a dodge. Any ideas?

yea the tint is still on, im waiting till as late as possible, ill be sad to see it go though. I quite enjoyed people staring and gwaing at it, and wondering whos inside, but what ever, end of an era, what can you do.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I am not a Ford guy but Ford F150 Raptor is awesome I would pick up it . Chevy is not a poor choice either but I can't speak for dodge

Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

The new Ram is a fantastic truck, I'm actually shocked Chrysler could produce it. However they are expensive. Depends on what you need to do with it. Really you couldn't go wrong with any of the Big 3, so figure out the options you want and then price compare.

I prefer GMC styling over Chevy. Fords have a nicer interior though.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Well, for us, its gonna be a work truck, it won't be bagged on, but its gonna be hauling alot of garbage around IT MUST HAVE AC, and an extended/crew/mega cab, and the box must be huge, i know that the dodge ram, the older style, you can get a mega cab, with a large box, but only in california? Or something like that. "HE" wants to stay away from diseseal.

I love the look of the new dodge trucks they should make a srt 10 platform, it would look BA. IT must last thrugh, and people have been telling me ford, ford ford, but all we've ever owned is chevy, and older F150 ford, which has broken down alot. The checys have last us 8-7 years at a time, and the only reason we ever get rid of them is there to old, and outdated.

Last edited by Disco stu55; 06-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.