X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KEY FOB and CRANKSHAFT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEY FOB and CRANKSHAFT sensor

Hello everyone. So Quick question. I just got my Jag finally from the shop and if i press lock on the key (fob), it does not lock the doors. I pressed it many times and it still didnt work. I have to insert the key into the door to lock all the time. Any reason why this is happening? Is it because i havent programmed it as discussed in this thread?

Another thing, I had the "engine malfunction" light come on today. When i hooked it up to the computer, it said engine coolant and crankshaft sensor. The engine coolant i know why (the radiator is leaking bad and im changing tomoroow) but the crankshaft sensor message is scaring me. Is it a easy fix? Like is it a part that i can get off of O'Reily or Autozone for cheap? Please let me know.

Thanks anyone.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i figured out why the engine light came on. The temperature rises simply because the radiator was busted. I changed the radiator and the hose today and now the radiator fan wont blow and my engine is still over heating...Im sure the fan works cos it was tested. However, im not sure if its the sensor or if its some minor wiring problem...any idea anyone? My engine is still overheating.....

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you have 2 seperate threads for your issues? Just curious. Why not start a 3rd one? One thread should be enough, it will get read and responded to.

If your fans aren't running, the control module for the fans could be defective, or the thermostat could be stuck.

The key fob is either not programmed or your ignition barrel is defective. If the little flap inside the ign. barrel is stuck "in" your door locks will not work, hence fob inop.

For your crank sensor issue, check your battery......I know X batteries ALWAYS crack on the negative side, and corrode the hell outta the negative lead. If your battery is cracked and corroded along with that lead, change both of them FIRST.