X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lousy Dealership Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lousy Dealership Work

Hi everybody! I haven't been here in a long time but it's good to see you die hards still here. I have a dealership question. I had my car towed to the local dealership when the fuel pump croaked and they hosed me over.

The car died and I had to have it towed again I had to have it rebuilt by someone else and he found old parts from the old fuel pump left in the gas tank and a ton of other problems from the dealership fix.

My carbon canister was missing and no one but the dealership had ever dropped the tanks. I hate this dealership and I'll never return now that I've found Ken to work on my car. He's fabulous.

How do I go after the dealership to make them make this right? Any ideas?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

baycliffs, i know the exact dealership that you are talking about. I was never impressed with them, especially for being a "higher end" dealership. I would start out by trying to talk to the service manager explaining that you ended up having your car towed out of the dealership after they did work to another shop (do not need to give them the name of the new shop) and that the mechanic there found old parts inside of the tank, etc, etc, etc and that you feel that it is only fair that you should be compensated.

If they start giving you a bunch of grief, you politely smile at them, state "fine, I see your point, you will be getting a call from Mr. XXXXXX (a lawyers name), and we will see how this ends up". I think you will find that they will have a slightly different frame of mind at that point.

I found that a lot of the shops in your area are worthless.

I had one shop (located on Granby St, near the zoo, the muffler shop just north of there) that said I had a leaking caliper and that I needed like $500 worth of work.

What they failed to realize was the car had just gotten new pads a few days before installed by me and that the caliper was not leaking then. I politely told them that they had better tighten up the fitting that they loosened before I started making calls and I then told them that I had just worked on the vehicle the day before and that it wasn't leaking then.

Needless to say, they tightened the fitting and let me walk away from their shop once they realized they were not dealing with the average schmuck that comes to their place.

Last edited by JimC64; 09-04-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: create line breaks - block text
The following users liked this post:
Lcgi (09-02-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to go there and buy a fuel rail pressure sensor tomorrow. I hate C*******d F**g. I bought my first car, a Honda, from them and I've never liked them. Their car maintenance is terrible. They replaced the fuel pump and ruined my fuel system so the new pump had to be replaced. Again. I'm not a happy camper.

Last edited by steveinfrance; 09-04-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: We don't slag off named dealerships
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

baycliff, if you need recommendations on where to get your parts, let me know. They will be cheaper than CF and they will make sure you get the correct parts. Probably can even have the parts sent directly to the garage doing the work. I have used this place a few times and I have been happy with their service.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I used to take mine to CF, I hated them and it's sad they are the only one in the area