X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with driver's door panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with driver's door panel

the driver's door lock on my 2006 X-type is not working/stuck and i need to get the interior door panel off so I can see what is going wrong. I have removed the three visible screws and it still won't budge. Can anyone help me on how to go about removing the interior panel without distroying it? other doors I have worked on seem to have a secret spot to pull/push.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:36 PM

there are 7 (i think) of these little plastic clip things that are attached to the inside of the door panel and the inside of the door. the ones on closest to the door handle come out easy, pull and they pop out and same with the one on the top middle, the ones farthest to the door handle are impossible to get out or something (i pulled on there and broke the entire inside of the door panel farthest of the handle but when i put all the screws in the door panel ended up like before i broke everything)

Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Default thanks for the help

Thanks for your help. I was expecting to find something like that and was afraid that I would break mine also, but your encouragement that even though it did break, you were able to get it back in place ok. Did you use any special tool to get those out?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dhoxworth
Thanks for your help. I was expecting to find something like that and was afraid that I would break mine also, but your encouragement that even though it did break, you were able to get it back in place ok. Did you use any special tool to get those out?
I used a long slim flathead screwdriver to get to the middle ones (center of the panel) the rest are around the perimeter of the door panel, you can use a flathead screw driver on these too. I have a special tool.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM

i too used a flat head screwdriver.
i just stuck it in and pried slowly (which didnt help because the door things broke)
i found it easier to stick the screwdriver and pull towards you instead of pushing away from you.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Wink thanks for your help--- great forum

Not sure who to post this to, but here is something that has come up on my car. It started giving the "DSC Fault" error message. It would come on some times and other times, it wouldn't. I took it to the Jaguar dealership in Columbus, Ohio ($100 later) and they said it needed to have a new control board =$1500. They didn't have one in stock and I would not have paid that much anyway. They also said that I would need a new battery shortly. Well, after the visit, they reset it and it didn't come on the next few times that I started it (we were driving alot that day and short stops). To make a long story short, apparently the low battery voltage causes the DSC board to not boot up cleanly and causes the error. If it comes on when I start the car, I let the car run for a few minutes and turn off the car and then restart and all is well.

Just thought that I would pass this along for the next guy/gal.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  19.3 KB

check the X type quick FAQ link thread.....the how to remove the door card FAQ is there....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/m_4382/tm.htm

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48827