X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mod and a thank U.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile New Mod and a thank U.

I attached two photo's on my leaper transfers for the headrest. Got them off Ebay for $9.95 plus free shipping. Hope you all like them. There are four in the pack, because of my handicap I could not get into the back to put them on the rear headrest. My best bud is coming over on Saturday, we are reuniting out band at a local restaurant. I sing lead on a couple of songs, mostly 60's and early 70's rock. We have only practice twice for this event. My son is going to camcorder it. Is there a way to transfer the camcorder images to this site? Once we are don't with that he said he will transfer the leaper on the back headrest, if it is not too cold. I had to heat the leather up very well. However I did not clean with alcohol, just plain water, as I am not sure if the leather is vat dyed or vat painted.

Finally thank you all so much for the nice comments everyone made on my taillight chrome surrounds. IMHO they give the rear of the car a finished look, I love them.

Attached Thumbnails New Mod and a thank U.-jaguar-emblems-headrest-001.jpg   New Mod and a thank U.-jaguar-emblems-headrest-002.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey I like that a lot! I'm now considering some for my black leather...hmm. Or, I once bought some of those aluminum wheel center stickers with the new style growler...wonder what they'd look like on the headrests too...? Good post, makes me think.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Nice add-on , I also added vinyl decals on my headrests too

Good job

Old 12-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

I like them. Now me being me, I would probably have used a famous brand of glue and promptly have stuck myself and passenger's heads permanently to the headrests.

Look forward to the video, your best bet is through something like Youtube or Picassa.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Smile Leapers

Originally Posted by Andahaion
Hey I like that a lot! I'm now considering some for my black leather...hmm. Or, I once bought some of those aluminum wheel center stickers with the new style growler...wonder what they'd look like on the headrests too...? Good post, makes me think.
Thanks, I took another look at them today and said, they are cool. Now I can't wait to have someone help me put the ones on the back seat headrest. One think I will write, these leapers are very delicate and must be handled gingerly. Also, don't even think about doing them on a cold day, even with a hairdryer they need to cure. It was only 50 degrees when I put them on, but after I had them mounted I continued to use the dryer on them for about 15 minutes each. They stayed on over nite. Today would have been a good day to put them on 55 degrees, but it is raining cats and dogs.

My son and daughter are going to buy me rearview mirror chrome covers for Xmas. Great

Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Adam, where did you get those? Do they have any other colors besides chrome? How do they adhere? Is there a liner on the back that you remove and just stick them to the leather? They look interesting, but I am not sure if I would like teh chrome on the headrest or not. Still mulling that over.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Actually, looks like these wouldn't work for my car. My headrests are concave enough that I would have concerns about a proper adhesive. Along with the chrome decals, I did find some cool carbon fiber leapers on eBay though. Could be cool if I found another way to incorporate them somehow.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Smile Leapers

Originally Posted by Translator
I like them. Now me being me, I would probably have used a famous brand of glue and promptly have stuck myself and passenger's heads permanently to the headrests.

Look forward to the video, your best bet is through something like Youtube or Picassa.
You know the same thought crossed my mind when I was putting them on. But I said no, as that certain famous brand glue has been known to make paper smoke.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Smile Video

Originally Posted by Translator

Thanks for advice on the video, my son knows how to do You Tube, I just know how to post emails and look up stuff on the net, beyond that I am a dummy. Oh I once loading software on my own, two in fact and they bought worked. Take my work that is a major stuff for me.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Default Leapers

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Adam, where did you get those? Do they have any other colors besides chrome? How do they adhere? Is there a liner on the back that you remove and just stick them to the leather? They look interesting, but I am not sure if I would like teh chrome on the headrest or not. Still mulling that over.
I got them on Ebay, chrome is the only color this seller had They were $9.95 and free shipping. I don't have the seller name in front of me but I will go on Ebay and get the sellers name for you. and post it.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Smile Leapers

Originally Posted by Andahaion
You know on black leather they would look fine, really fine.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Smile Leapers

Originally Posted by Alfadude

Here is the seller on Ebay lucky_badge you can probably click on this and it will take you to the page or is not do a search for the seller on Ebay. He has some other chrome stuff, like AC vent chrome strips. But they are made so you have to put one on each fin of the AC vent, too tedious for me, Mr short fuse.