Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie jag owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie jag owner

Hi these posts are great
Some problems I've read answers for but I have dsc failure on dash as well as engine and abs lights on, I'm no mechanic actually a plumber but I have checked f3 fuse under hood and f96 inside both check good no jag shops nearby just bought yesterday so it's not on road yet to ask anyone if they can check any codes for me any help would be greatful ty

Old 11-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

You need to get the codes read. If you can get it to and from a lot of parts outlets will read them for free. Write them down and post them here.

It might be something as simple as a bad ground at the frame end of the battery cable.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

As a plumber, sometimes - as you know - the best advice is "giggle the handle a bit!"

With the X-Type, that is often the best advice!

You do not need a "good Jag shop": You've found this place.

(and it is much better than just a "good" Jag shop! It is free, it is community, and it is "like thinkers")

Go search for "Just bought my X-Type" and throw "Thermo" in as the search default. His previous posts will set you straight 100% as a new owner, one-hundred percent guaranteed.

Welcome to the reality of owning a World Class Motorcar, dear sir! Have fun, we all wish you the very very best with your experience. May you travel safely and effortlessly in your new Jaguar (did you see that? you own a friggin' JAG now, buddy!!!) to ALL the National Parks!

(oh, yeah - electrical tape over the top of some of those nasty warning lights fixes 'em, too. just giggle the handle - but don't tell Thermo or he will point out how easy it is to really fix the stuff!)

Old 11-03-2014, 12:53 AM

Oh, yeah...

...as our favorite old hippie Bud Tender says: "Get a Code Reader".

You'll need it.

(and clean up the ground cable connections, he is right on - as always - about that. Is probably the only only only problem you have right now - fuzz on the cable ends, all of them; POS and NEG, Battery, frame and starter, maybe other. Bright and shiny is what the X-Type needs and wants, no corrosion anywhere. New cables are cheap, and be forewarned that is car will not tolerate the least bit of a funky battery. It draws a decent load 24/7/365, and unless it's a daily driver get a "real" $50 USD "
Battery Maintainer Battery Maintainer
")

Don't make this car a "Daily Driver", please. It is special. Just go ahead and buy the battery maintainer thingie.

Search the X-Type part of the forum for the code reader recommendations, don't just post and ask - too many variables, as you read you will understand.

AND: the first time your X goes into "Limp Mode", don't freak - just laugh. THAT is why you bought this beautiful motorcar at such a good price. (it will go into "Limp Mode", and you will likely want to throw as big a fit as the car, if you don't pass-out first [it's a pretty dramatic experience]). Just turn the car off and restart - you can do it while rolling - it will 'get over it' for the moment, we promise.

(if you wish to preempt that experience, just search "Limp Mode" with "Thermo" as the default in the X-Type forum (always), and grab the roll of electrical tape for the quick fix!)

Keep the faith, and keep the "bar" up: remember, it is 'against the law' to drive an X-Type - or any Jaguar - when it is dirty. Constant wash and wax is mandatory. (and that light that comes on after the automatic car wash just means a shot of WD-40 into the wheel-speed sensor harness plug)

Enjoy!

Old 11-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Codes that came up p1000 b1175 where do I go now ty

Old 11-09-2014, 05:38 AM

Read this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...i-b1175-14394/

and this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...0-code-104873/

(searches work well on this forum, most everything has been discussed already!)

That first one might just be that loose or corroded plug I referred to with " (and that light that comes on after the automatic car wash just means a shot of WD-40 into the wheel-speed sensor harness plug)
"