X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power to my Heater/AC . HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power to my Heater/AC . HELP!!

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with an issue with my 2002 x-type. I had a little fender bender about a month ago and when I did, the wires connecting to the left fog light and side turn signal were hanging out. It was still driveable and in order to save on a tow cost, I decided to drive it to the body shop. Since the wires were hanging, they were rubbing on the the tire, I decided to just cut the main part of the wire there and I knew the body shop could simple splice them back together. When I cut it, I noticed the heater has no power at the dash. I cant even turn it on. Also, the "idiot" light came on the dash showing the little engine light. I figured it was a fuse that had blown from me cutting the wire so I didnt worry about it and assumed the body shop would fix it. I got the car back today and they fixed the wires and everything looks and works great but the heater still has no power and the light is still on on the dash. I asked the body shop about it and they told me they checked all the fuses and changed what needed changed. They say they dont know what to tell me. The suggested I take it to the dealership. I'd like to save a trip there sice its 150 miles away. It sounds like it has to be a fuse, relay, something simple. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, I know, I know.....never cut random wires. Lesten learned. :-)

Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 PM

"lesson Learned"

Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hope this helps

Im not a mechanic but i do work a bit with cars. There are alot of nice guys on this forum that will probably help better than i can. But id suggest you check all the fuses your self inside the car and under the hood next to the battery if all the fuses are ok if you can scan your car that will save you time and money . if not try this if you are not getting air only it your blower relay. On the drivers side, by your left knee, you will find the fuse box with 5 relays. If you sit on the floor outside the car next to the drivers side, you will see it there(fuse box). There is a relay for the ac/heater blower. That might be solution to your problem. See if there's a matching relay in the fuse box. If not, open the hood, and next to the Battery there's another fuse box/relay box there, and see if there's a relay that matches. If you don't know what matches, you check the numbers on the relay and check the size. I included the diagram for the electrical system in the jaguar. ITS ON PAGE 19. I'm sure its somewhere on the forum but just to make things easier for you i attached it. If the relay is not the problem,if you do not have any power than it will be your climate control mogul and that is located (i think, behind the climate control, but don't take my word for it). I'm not to familiar with the climate control and even if you change it you might need to program it i think so you should definitely get someone Else's experienced input. There are many experienced wonderful people on this forum, just give it some time.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
01 - Introduction.pdf (710.2 KB, 552 views)

Last edited by asaaidi; 03-10-2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: add info
The following users liked this post:
shawnymike (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Default Thanks asaaidi

I appreciate the quick response help. I took the car to get the DTC checked and it came up code P1699. Climate control module. Could I have burned up the module whwn I cut the wire? The guy at Advanced Auto told me it could be a grounding problem too from when I cut it. If it is the Climate comtrol module, how would I go about replacing it? Thanks again for any help.

Shawn

Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM

you welcome i understand i have a 2007 dead bad engine computer and stuck shifter now i just waiting to get my ecu repaired and it might work it might not enough about me . ok like i said i am not a mechanic but i will try to help if you know how to use a voltage meter this link could help you on the link blow you will find an jaguar x type files click on it you will see (the work shop manual) download it and it will tell you what to check step by step. on the link you will see the jaguar codes file download the file and check them out if you do not know or don't understand then wait and someone will reply and give you a step by step instruction that way me and you can learn lol !!! just give it time i hope this helps you
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/

Last edited by asaaidi; 03-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by asaaidi
you welcome i understand i have a 2007 dead bad engine computer and stuck shifter now i just waiting to get my ecu repaired and it might work it might not enough about me . ok like i said i am not a mechanic but i will try to help if you know how to use a voltage meter this link could help you on the link blow you will find an jaguar x type files click on it you will see (the work shop manual) download it and it will tell you what to check step by step. on the link you will see the jaguar codes file download the file and check them out if you do not know or don't understand then wait and someone will reply and give you a step by step instruction that way me and you can learn lol !!! just give it time i hope this helps you
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/
ok it is 6.00am in michigan i go to sleep at 1.00 am but i could not go to sleep i thought why not help you i been looking for a fix to help you for hours and i found something that will show you step by step with pictures and advice please please please don't start working until you Disconnect the battery here is the link i hope it helps you Repair & Upgrade - JaguarClimateControl.com

The following users liked this post:
Kota62 (03-11-2012)