X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no sound from speakers- please help!!!

Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no sound from speakers- please help!!!

Im new here and been looking everywhere for answers but can't find any, so I joined to ask. I have a 2005 jaguar x type 3.0 sedan vanden plas. Just installed an aftermarket double din and I get no sound from any speakers. I used the Metra harness. I've had this same problem before with my 93 BMW 325i. I figured that one out cuz it was the factory amp wire. I'm guessing its the same thing with this one but I don't know which is the factory amp power wire. I only left out the orange cable from the harness which is illumination/dimmer and the pink from the head unit which is the sound interruptor. If anyone can help I would be forever grateful.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

iiijuanioii,

Welcome!

First question, who installed the stereo?
Second question, was everything working prior to?
Third, does anything work now?

It sounds like your headunit will power on, but you are getting no audio? Sounds like you think it is because the factory amp isn't getting its signal from the aftermarket headunit to power up? If you used a harness adaptor, more than likely your factory amp is powering up just fine. The problem would be that an audio signal is not getting from your aftermarket headunit to the factory amp. The factory headunit and amp speak to each other via fiberopic wire. Unless I am missing something, a line level converter will get your factory amp to make noise again.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM

After re-reading my reply....a line level converter will not fix your problem. To my knowledge there is no RCA to fiber adapter. There maybe another way but I suggest just installing an aftermarket amp.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM

Hey thanks for the help. I found out the hard way about the fiber optic after clipping the wire on Saturday. I will install an aftermarket amp. I used one I had laying at the end of my closet but I think it doesn't work because it made my speakers sound distorted. So lma buy a new one. Again, thanks for replying.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Oh man! Sorry to hear about the fiber wire.

If your old amp powers up and makse sound.....more than likely its fine and just adjusted incorrectly.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:50 AM

I adjusted the amp every way possible and couldn't get it to work last weekend, so yesterday I went downtown and bought a new one. I tried it with one speaker without adjusting it and speaker sounds great. Unfortunately the rain caught me so right now Ima finish what I started.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 AM

I never answered your 3 questions so....
1. I installed it with the Metra harness.
2. Yes everything was working fine.
3. Only the speakers and tweeters weren't working, now they will.